Freewheeler Trunk Lid Button/ Helps With Shutting Without Slamming Or Dropping Lid

Reaction score
Freewheeler Trunk Lid Button/ Helps With Shutting Without Slamming Or Dropping Lid

This button is a disk brake rotor insert for a Harley Sportster. I placed it right over the locking latch bar on the lid. It's about the same size as the twist opening key lock on the trunk.

I just set the lid down and press on the button with my thumb. No slamming or dropping the lid to latch it. No more smudges on the paint if one uses pushing on the paint with thumb or hand to shut trunk lid.

Easy install, just clean the area with alcohol center and stick. The two sided tape is thick enough to have a slight cushion to it allowing the button to sit just a hair up off the paint. The button is pretty much put on like the Harley emblem on the trunk or gas tank.

I hate smudging or pushing on the paint with my fingers or hand. I don't like dropping the lid to latch it putting all that shock directly into the latch. (Over time I think dropping the lid could wear things quicker or even make the latch sloppy)

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 171
I have the luggage rack to use as a handle....

The wife and I are waiting to see if we want to install the luggage wrack, we may not. The wife really likes the look of the Trike without it. If we find down the road we need more storage we will install one for sure.

The luggage wrack does make a nice handle another benefit besides what it was designed for on the Freewheeler.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

If you do decide to add the rack there is some extensions made to go under the feet of the rack and raises it 5/8" which makes it much easier to use without touching the paint and a lot easier to clean under it. They come with larger rubber bottoms to add strength Not really needed inside the trunk, it is pre marked where to drill and has a raised area for strength.
Very easy install.

If you do decide to add the rack there is some extensions made to go under the feet of the rack and raises it 5/8" which makes it much easier to use without touching the paint and a lot easier to clean under it. They come with larger rubber bottoms to add strength Not really needed inside the trunk, it is pre marked where to drill and has a raised area for strength.
Very easy install.

Thank you for the information. Where do you get the 5/8" extensions? I could see how those would be nice to have on the wrack. It does set pretty low like you said.

Thanks & Ride Safe,:)
Bill G

Just do a Google search for luggage rack risers.
If you use the lights you will need to drill a hole but that's simple.
Mine did not come wit em. sorry for the high jack.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png