update: 57 nomad sold Here we go

Apr 22, 2015
gerry ny usa
Thanks for the replies. It looks to be unanimous. I guess a trike is in my future. All make great arguments the next biggest problem is where I live the dealers have none to rent as far as I have found out so it will be a get it and see. but as was pointed out the resale value on them seems to be high if it doesn,t work out. Biggest problem will be selling one of my cars to finance this endeavor.

Thanks again.
Anyone want to buy a car? j/k

Sold the nomad. Going next week for a permit. Safety course at the end of june. Looks like I'm on my way to trikedom. When I pass the course am going down to the dealer and pick one up. Now to find someone in the area to ride with with the permit. Bikes going past the house pi$$ me off.

Sold the nomad. Going next week for a permit. Safety course at the end of june. Looks like I'm on my way to trikedom. When I pass the course am going down to the dealer and pick one up. Now to find someone in the area to ride with with the permit. Bikes going past the house pi$$ me off.

I bought my first bike with just a learner's permit and no one to ride with.
So I just parked my bike on my front lawn, And when a bike would ride by I flagged them down, And asked if I could tag along with them to get riding time, Crazy as it sounds no one ever turned me down...ThumbUp

I bought my first bike with just a learner's permit and no one to ride with.
So I just parked my bike on my front lawn, And when a bike would ride by I flagged them down, And asked if I could tag along with them to get riding time, Crazy as it sounds no one ever turned me down...ThumbUp

That sounds like a good idea.

when I got my motorcycle permit (CA), I just took the written test and was issued a permit. I didn't have to ride with anyone. The only restrictions were, no riding at night and no riding on the freeway.
About two weeks after getting my permit I took the Motorcycle training class. I passed that and took the paperwork to the DMV and got my license.

Here in NH, if you have a motorcycle endorsement you can ride a 3 wheeler with no additional training or road test. If you do not have a 2 wheel endorsement, you must do everything before getting licensed.

Congratulations on your next step!

I know that in Michigan, the MSF class bypasses the "permit" stage, and passing the class qualifies the rider as having passed the riding portion of the state test, leaving only the written state test to pass before the license is issued. It would be nice if your safety course worked the same way.

Another thought on finding others to ride with: maybe one of the local riding clubs would have members interested in helping you with this part of licensing. It's a good way to meet people, too!

riding friends

hi 57, what I have found is that most trike riders are a friendly bunch, when we are out riding out trike and stop for a rest. if a trike stops for gas or a rest they will come over and start a conversation, and riding Buddy or found. and it don't take long or if you are out riding and see a trike at a DQ, getting gas stop and talk to them, they just might be from you area and again riding buddy is found.

Here in NY you have to have a permit and that allows you to ride as long as someone with a motorcycle license is within 1/4 mile observing you.
The MSS class does bypass the road test part of the licensing process as far as I understand it. Thanks for the continuing suggestions.

Here in NY you have to have a permit and that allows you to ride as long as someone with a motorcycle license is within 1/4 mile observing you.
The MSS class does bypass the road test part of the licensing process as far as I understand it. Thanks for the continuing suggestions.

Yep, Just like NJ.

hi 57, what I have found is that most trike riders are a friendly bunch, when we are out riding out trike and stop for a rest. if a trike stops for gas or a rest they will come over and start a conversation, and riding Buddy or found. and it don't take long or if you are out riding and see a trike at a DQ, getting gas stop and talk to them, they just might be from you area and again riding buddy is found.
after rereading the post, my reply is wrong if you need a licence rider with you when you ride. my have to run the down on foot

Damn, I'm sure glad I got my (commercial) license in 1967. Been grandfathered in, in all classes since then. Now I have a Class AM... a morning license?? LOL

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David Davis
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png