getting financed for a trike

VelocitycyclesPA

May 20, 2015
Mechanicsburg PA
We are having issues with financing on a 2002 Honda Goldwing champion trike. It has 45k miles, a bunch of accessories. We can only get the value of the bike not the value of the package. Who is everyone using instead of banks.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

When we bought our first one, we had problems getting our bank to understand what a trike was. Finally, took them photos and still had to explain everything. It helped that I have banked with them for thirty plus years. Directing them to something like Cycle Trader might help. Don't think there's anything like a blue book for trikes.

We are having issues with financing on a 2002 Honda Goldwing champion trike. It has 45k miles, a bunch of accessories. We can only get the value of the bike not the value of the package. Who is everyone using instead of banks.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

So how many threads are you going to post this on? You hit the Chat Room with the exact same question. Did you recently create a fake user ID so you could troll this board?

Here's the reply I gave you in the Chat Room. Don't bother asking again unless you intend to be honest with this group!

From the Chat Room:
"Financing? Explain to the lender that you're buying a motorcycle valued at $9,700 (show them the NADA page) and $10,000 worth of accessories (same as an insurance quote).

Seems that you're right in the ball park. Least they should go is 80%, about $16,000 on a 3 year loan. Have you tried your credit union? They financed my trike - no problem."

Well Hell I guess he told you!:laugh:

When I was young I admired clever people, now im old I admire kind people.ThumbUp

A suggestion? find out the value of the bike and then find out the value of the kit and triple tree less depreciation to arrive at a ballpark figure.

How much will the bank loan on a bike that old? show them its true worth and see what happens?

I think all your chrome goodies would be valued at about 1/3 the original cost? at least that's what insurance might consider if ruined?:Shrug:

Velocitycycles, just be grateful that Veritas didn't see this post. You would have gotten an ear blast that would have roasted your chestnuts big time.

:Meds:

"just be grateful that Veritas didn't see this post. You would have gotten an ear blast that would have roasted your chestnuts big time."

:laugh: Wanna bet?:Coffee:

thanks for liking my last post jax

I went with all the info on the trike and the loan officer went to the website and printed off the page showing what the kit cost.That along with pics of the trike were sent in to the overwriters and the loan was approved on appeal.

Thanks for all of your help guys! Sorry about the double post, I didn't realize it was a big deal. I just wanted so see what local people have done and that is why I went into the PA group.

Just went through this with my Credit Union. They ended up using the value of a Tri-Glide in the same year model, after I showed them that the value of a Roadglide was close to the same value of a Ultraglide. The underwriters still wanted 20% down and I have good credit and a history with them

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png