Sports car versus Goldwing

Nov 16, 2011
Jacksonville Beach
Just returning from gas station when a little sports car (Camaro?) pulled out of a side street, about 50 feet in front of me. No real danger because I saw the car ready to jump the stop sign and was already on the brakes. Defensive riding is my mode of travel.

A few blocks ahead, the car turned left so I followed, since it was on the way home. Not much traffic and the a-hole noticed me and floored it. I went through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd right on his butt up to about 60 mph then backed off. No reason to get a ticket for chasing a stupid cager.

He seemed really surprised that he didn't shake me right away. Do these drivers think that trikes are some kind of moped that can't hold it's own with a sports car?

LOL ... I had a guy in a TR6 revving his engine next to me at a light awhile back ... he had on a leather jacket and "driving gloves" ... when the light turned green he popped the clutch and killed it ... he tried to quickly start it again and I'm guessing flooded it ... wouldn't start ... I had to pull over cause I was laughing so hard ... an officer pulls over between us and asked me why I was laughing so hard and why I pulled over ... in between laughing I told him what happened ... he chuckled and went to "help" the Hotrod ... I got to scratch something off the bucket list ... laugh so hard I pee'd ... :D

In my younger days I would win every street race I was in... The trick is just don't tell the other guy that you're racing them, And that way you can't lose.....;);):laugh:

LOL ... I had a guy in a TR6 revving his engine next to me at a light awhile back ... he had on a leather jacket and "driving gloves" ... when the light turned green he popped the clutch and killed it ... he tried to quickly start it again and I'm guessing flooded it ... wouldn't start ... I had to pull over cause I was laughing so hard ... an officer pulls over between us and asked me why I was laughing so hard and why I pulled over ... in between laughing I told him what happened ... he chuckled and went to "help" the Hotrod ... I got to scratch something off the bucket list ... laugh so hard I pee'd ... :D

Not that was funny as hell Fuzzy!!!

:laugh: I used to have a Mercedes turbo SLK and I always had some clown in a Toyota, Nissan, or Kia always wanting to race or thinking that had something special. LOLOL.

Many of the younger crowd would throw tons of money in a stock Toyota with silly stuff like spoilers or loud exhaust and act like they had a hot rod. The SLK crowd would always call them "ricers."

Of course the Mercedes SLK would do about a 100 in a block and most of the time they would just barely be leaving the light. :laugh:

I was coming back from Colorado one time on the interstate and had some clown in a Buick, I think it was, start to pass me. He got up next to me, looked at me, and hammered the throttle down. Well, I couldn't have that. So I started catching him, started to go around, at about 95, and he started pushing it. I paced him on the left, looked over at him, and just waved "bye-bye." I hammered it down at that point and left him in the dust. :p I looked when I finally started letting off and I was running about 145. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Really, aTr6????

- - - Updated - - -

Really,a Tr6??? He should challenge MGb's and such. Although the driving gloves are good for another few HP.

I'm guessing this guy either bought the car restored or bought it then had it restored ... in either case he obviously thought the the TR6 was pretty fast and the trike was pretty slow .. TR6's aren't known for tire smoking power .. I just did my normal start ... had no intention of racing him ... in town ... in traffic ... right by St. Mary's hospital where there is always lots of pedestrians.

If he could of climbed under the seat he would of ... stuck in traffic, won't start ... me pulled over historically laughing and an Officer quizzing him about what happened ... even after I told the Officer what I was laughing about.

If I had video I'd of submitted it to Master Card ... cause it was definitely priceless. :D

My wife's neice came down from Boston and her husband and friend brought their 2 bikes, a Victory and a Vulcan. I promised to take them for a mountain ride. It turned out to be The Dragon Tail and 4 other mountains a 550 mile day ride. My wifes neice rode with me through the Dragon and decided not to ride back with her Hubby. When we stopped a 100 miles later the boys asked if my Trike had a Supercharger. LMBO, I said not it's just a 1.8 V6 Goldwing. They do run great in comparison to most stock trikes.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png