Lets Wake This Up!!!

stinger608

Jan 14, 2014
Cheyenne Wyoming USA
Okay, I know that there isn't many Wyoming folks on the forums, but lets see how many of you have actually visited Wyoming.

There is a ton of country to see in this state and many many wonderful miles of site seeing. If you haven't been here your really missing an awesome state!

I've been in Wyoming. Yellowstone is spectacular. Grand Teton is amazing.

It's either miles and miles of nothing or natural features that are worth days and days of visiting.

Been there, done that. Ridden every which way and loose through WY. Even did Cheyenne to Laramie in snow one early May (on two wheels). Was also at a rodeo as a little kid in 1970. I bought a black cowboy hat, of course. I've also walked completely around Devils Tower in M/C boots.

yep been there. The road out of yellowstone to the north "Chief Joseph"????? was really nice. Then rode Bear Tooth and then back to Cody. A very nice place to visit

I landed in Cheyenne 1965.....Walked around the tarmac for about an hour or so while they fixed what was wrong with the plane....It seemed the big sport back then was Cowboys sitting on the hoods of pick-up trucks surrounded by empty beer cans.. Watching planes land and take off....:laugh:...

This will be our 27th year going to Sturgis. We ride to Devils Tower every year and down to Moorcroft and back. Been out to Yellowstone the last two years... Not on the bike, but been to Yellowstone 3 other times over the years. Love the Big Horns. But Yellowstone is way to crowded anymore. It was a lot nicer in the 80's...

I'm going there for my retirement, I'm one of the few that says 'I want to move north when I retire'. I prefer being where its cold as the hot is wreaking havoc with my stomach and I'm always nauseated. You think I would have learned after having lived 30 years in Florida. :(

lHello Dano

Wyoming oh yes, we stayed just outside Custer N/P used it for home base for 3 day and road and looked at the sites, then up to Montana for a while them back to Cody Wyoming again used it for home base for 3 days and road all the roads on our bucket list, there are so many good road and all eye candy, we could have spend weeks there, but had a few more states to see. one day we might just go for a month or 2.

Yes, it's too hot and I don't like it. Spent 30 years in Florida and hated it, I spent too much time being nauseated and throwing up. I have 2 types of food; winter food and summer food. Winter food is normal stuff and summer food is anything light that will not come up. My friends said that the heat is different in NM and not like Florida, my stomach disagrees with that. :bad: Hot is hot no matter how you slice it and dice it.

I have to agree with your statement of “hot is hot no matter how you slice it and dice it”.

Being from Georgetown Texas and grown up in San Antonio = humid, lived in west Texas since 1971 = dry, now to the hill country = humid... Hot is Hot.

People who haven’t lived in humid AND dry areas for extended times are always saying that west Texas is a dry heat and therefore doesn’t feel as hot as humid areas. I TOTALLY disagree.

The only thing that might make it feel different is the wind and shade. West Texas always has at least a breeze. The difference is the shade. If you are in the shade - given that you can find some - and standing in the breeze - it isn’t all that bad if the temperature is below 100. Above 100 all bets are off!

In that direct sun, even with the wind, there is NO escaping the “hot” element. Plus, when the temp is 100 or more with the breeze - you are in a convection oven environment - that breeze takes the moisture out of EVERYTHING...

Yeah, yeah, I know - we wrecked a 4 year old original post made by someone who never posts anymore...

One of the years at Sturgis when it was low 100's one guy at the campground was complaining about the heat. It had cooled down to upper 80's. It was in the morning... I said it didnt feel bad to me. Lot better than at home.. He asked if I was from Louisiana , I said no Iowa... Another guy walking by said he was though... He thought it felt pretty good up there too... There is a big difference in 95 and 90% humidity and 95 and 20% humidity... Sweating does good in low humidity, in high , it just makes you wet... I bought one of the neck bands you soak in water out there. It made a big difference. At home, it was just a wet rag around my neck....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png