Aluma MCTXL wiring question.

Keystone

Reaction score
My used 2013 Aluma MCTXL came with a flat 4. Lights "worked" but not as designed by Aluma. I will be using a flat 5 (Aluma uses the round 5 from the factory). The trailer has 6 wires: Red, Green, yellow, brown, white and black. According to Aluma the plug is as follows. (see bottom left of diagram )

Red=brake
Green=right turn
yellow=left turn
brown=running
white=ground.

How ever when I look at the plug diagram directly above it shows black as ground and does not mention the white wire. Then the wire diagram dose not mention black. Can someone make this simple for me?

Attachments

• mctharness.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 211
I'd love to help ... but me and tricity don't get along ... unless you're looking for burnt screwdriver tips .... :AGGHH:

I call it accidental welding ... :D

Black is ground on my MXT. Everything else is as stated.
However, I have a sixth blue wire. No idea what it's for.

Thanks Mike. I've sent an e-mail to Aluma customer service. Hopefully they will get back with me Monday morning.

And the answer is: "You are correct on what each color is used for. The black would be unused. The wiring harness manufacture uses a 6 wire cable to make this harness for us so there is an unused wire."

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png