Changed out my autoclutch.

Apr 15, 2013
Bedford, TX
I had an EFM Autoclutch for the past three years. I lost my left leg and the fingers on my left hand, and this device allowed me to keep riding. But since I ride pretty hard, I was going through clutch plates at a very high rate. I just installed a Rekluse EXP Autoclutch. It's a different design. So far it seems smoother. I've only had it for a few days but I will be taking on a longer ride shortly. Anyone else have a Rekluse Autoclutch? If so, what's been your experience with it? Oh, and if anyone wants to go with an EFM Autoclutch, I've got a great deal on one that fits 2007 to 2010 Big Twins. Thanks, Dennis

I'm Thinking of Buying Autoclutch

I've been looking at these clutches. I didn't realize you can go through a lot of clutch plates. Can you explain a little more. Does a lot of riding just general up/down shifts impact how long plates last?

Ed

I've been looking at these clutches. I didn't realize you can go through a lot of clutch plates. Can you explain a little more. Does a lot of riding just general up/down shifts impact how long plates last?

Ed

It is all about keeping the clutch fully engaged. You cannot lug the engine or the clutch will slip because it works on RPM's. Keep the Rev's up and the clutch locks, lug the engine and it will slip and wear the plates and discs. Use a premium synthetic ATF in the primary.

Have been using these for over 10 years (EFM).

It is all about keeping the clutch fully engaged. You cannot lug the engine or the clutch will slip because it works on RPM's. Keep the Rev's up and the clutch locks, lug the engine and it will slip and wear the plates and discs.

I agree, but... Last year I rode from Dallas to Rootstown, Ohio to meet with Gary. He put a new clutch pack and some tungsten carbide ball bearings in the scoot and told me to keep the RPMs above 3,000. I kept the RPMs above 3,000. By the time I got to Bikeweek in Daytona this year, the pack was fried again. Interstate highways with 75 MPH speed limits require 80+ cruising speeds just to keep from getting run over. The faster you ride the more forces on the clutch. The weight of the trike and my riding style were a bit more than the EFM was designed for. The new Rekluse clutch seems to lock up better at 80+ speeds. Just my thoughts. Dennis

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png