New guy from eastern Kentucky

Kind of introduced myself on the 'chatroom' thread this morning. My name is Scott, and I bought a 2015 Harley TG last week. I've rode many bikes over the last 40 years, and this one is the best so far. First trike I've ever been on, so it took a little bit of a learning curve for me...still is a little.

I switched to a trike because I wanted to take my youngest daughter, who has special need, for rides. She loves motorcycles, and we could tell it because she squealed and laughed every time me and her big sister went for rides on our former Harley Night Train.

I have taken my youngest for rides, and she absolutely LOVES it! It's worth every penny I'm going to have to spend so she can ride too.

Here's a pic of the family when we bought it last Thursday...

View attachment 27982

Welcome from WV. Looks like you shopped at Charlie's. I bought my Tri Glide there just over a month ago. Enjoy your new ride. I sure like mine!

Welcome from WV. Looks like you shopped at Charlie's. I bought my Tri Glide there just over a month ago. Enjoy your new ride. I sure like mine!

That's right, it was at Charlie's. What was the date you bought it? I'll look for your picture on the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest--I'm having a tough time getting used to (or liking) the way a trike handles vs. a two wheeler. I really miss leaning into turns and curves. But it does have a lot of advantages--if I'm rolling through a curve, and rocks are scattered across the road, it isn't a problem. Wet roads aren't a problem anymore, either.

So, it's kinda tit for tat, I reckon.

That's right, it was at Charlie's. What was the date you bought it? I'll look for your picture on the wall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be honest--I'm having a tough time getting used to (or liking) the way a trike handles vs. a two wheeler. I really miss leaning into turns and curves. But it does have a lot of advantages--if I'm rolling through a curve, and rocks are scattered across the road, it isn't a problem. Wet roads aren't a problem anymore, either.

As best as I can recall (I have closed my eyes a time or two since then), we bought it on the 8th and picked it up on the 13th of JUN. It was pouring down the rain when we went in and signed all the paperwork, so we waited until the 13th to pick it up. Jeremy was our salesman. As others have said, it will not be long and you will be an old pro at riding a trike. One week after we picked ours up we headed for Maggie Valley and the Dragon. It was a great week of riding. Did you put a Fullsac exhaust system on your?

Hang in there,pal. Give it time and you will throw rocks at those pesky two-wheelers. :laugh:
Who said you can't lean in corners on your trike? :D

As best as I can recall (I have closed my eyes a time or two since then), we bought it on the 8th and picked it up on the 13th of JUN. It was pouring down the rain when we went in and signed all the paperwork, so we waited until the 13th to pick it up. Jeremy was our salesman. As others have said, it will not be long and you will be an old pro at riding a trike. One week after we picked ours up we headed for Maggie Valley and the Dragon. It was a great week of riding. Did you put a Fullsac exhaust system on your?
Yes I did. Yesterday I had them wrap the pipes so there would be less heat. Also had them install wards fans, and had a switch installed in the fairing for them.

FYI--we are going camping at Beech Fork later this week. Ever been there?

Yes I did. Yesterday I had them wrap the pipes so there would be less heat. Also had them install wards fans, and had a switch installed in the fairing for them.

FYI--we are going camping at Beech Fork later this week. Ever been there?

What slip on mufflers are you running with the set up and what tuner? I am getting ready to change out mine..

I was there a couple times about 15-20 years ago.

What slip on mufflers are you running with the set up and what tuner? I am getting ready to change out mine..

I was there a couple times about 15-20 years ago.
No slip ons. They replace the baffles in the mufflers with some from fullsac, and the ends too. They used the Mastertune 2 to map it.

No slip ons. They replace the baffles in the mufflers with some from fullsac, and the ends too. They used the Mastertune 2 to map it.

That is the set up I am planning on installing on mine. How do you like the sound of the Fullsac baffles? I am just trying to decide on either the Fullsac baffles or a different slip on. I still like my exhaust to have some bark.

Thanks

That is the set up I am planning on installing on mine. How do you like the sound of the Fullsac baffles? I am just trying to decide on either the Fullsac baffles or a different slip on. I still like my exhaust to have some bark.

Thanks
Louder than stock for sure. Not quite as loud as Rineharts, but still has a good throaty rumble. Gets deeper as it 'breaks in' too.

PM me your email and I'll send you a vid that will tell you the tale.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png