Motor Trike needs to listen to the owners

Reaction score
I recently called Motor Trike tech support to ask about availability of a service manual for my Gladiator conversion. The person on the other end of the line was somewhat dismissive and even disrespectful. I cut the call short as it was evident that this topic was not even on their radar. But why the hell not ? We are kept in the dark about differential service, component replacement, etc. My Harley has a large and complete service manual for the home mechanic. But Motor Trike just says "See your installer". I really don't like anyone working on my bike but me.
I also asked why I didn't recieve a spanner for the rear shocks. Their response ? You got it. "See your installer".
So that's my bitch for today. Thanks for reading.

I recently called Motor Trike tech support to ask about availability of a service manual for my Gladiator conversion. The person on the other end of the line was somewhat dismissive and even disrespectful. I cut the call short as it was evident that this topic was not even on their radar. But why the hell not ? We are kept in the dark about differential service, component replacement, etc. My Harley has a large and complete service manual for the home mechanic. But Motor Trike just says "See your installer". I really don't like anyone working on my bike but me.
I also asked why I didn't recieve a spanner for the rear shocks. Their response ? You got it. "See your installer".
So that's my bitch for today. Thanks for reading.

I totally agree! I received no manual or instructions or a spanner. "See your installer" means "don't bother us". If I was an installer I would black market the intructions and parts list! If I replace this trike I will use a kit from a vendor that is not afraid to provide the info.

If Your Trike Kit was installed by a Motor Trike Dealer, talk to Them about running off the Manual for You......it has been done.....;)

I've seen this before, however it is over 7 years old and concerns itself with a Gold Wing conversion. There have been numerous changes. Not much of this applies to my 2014 Gladiator conversion.
Respects,
ed

Roadking...I contacted MT a couple of months ago and Richard told me to use the maintenance sheet for the Gladiator for my Challenger kit on my Kawasaki Voyager. This is a file on their website. Not much on assembly or parts but ok for lube on joints. That's all. I guess we should just buy them and ride them until they break and then complain about it. Seems the instructions should come to the owner when kit is installed.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png