The New Tri Glide getting blacked-out.. cleaning tips?

Reaction score
So I recently bought a 2015 TG, and now it's away for the next 3 weeks getting de-chromed... Everything is going to either be gloss or flat-black! Does anyone have some cleaning tips? Especially the engine and that "crinkle" black :AGGHH:

So I recently bought a 2015 TG, and now it's away for the next 3 weeks getting de-chromed... Everything is going to either be gloss or flat-black! Does anyone have some cleaning tips? Especially the engine and that "crinkle" black :AGGHH:

As the owner of the same bike and 3 other Black bikes, the only thing I've found that works is never taking it out of the garage!! I love black, but damn....just looking at it and it smudges. For the paint, I've had real good luck with that S10 stuff.

Black

Totally agree - love my ALL black trike and they are a pain to keep shiny BUT they sure be
P U R D Y.......:clapping: :pepper:

Get a duster too. You will be surprised at just how much dust the black shows. Mine gets covered just sitting overnight.

Thanks for all the tips folks.. I really appreciate it!!

I had to go in and pay a visit to the bike yesterday, and this is what I found!

atHD1.jpgatHD2.jpg

Most of the bits going to the paint shop for powder coating and engine "crinkle" painting are on the table and a few marked with the blue tape are still on the bike.. Once back from paint, it'll just be a couple days to put the pipes, stage-1, and all the other goodies on there and I'll have it back! I've been told "2 weeks" but, we'll see.

Edit: Huge mistake going in there too... I ended up buying the black version of the daymakers since, you know.. black! hah.. also decided to go with a different tank emblem to get rid of, I think, the very last bit of chrome.. I'll be putting the emblem from the Street Bob on it (as long as it fits the contour of the tank).

$_12.JPG

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png