Any Advantage at All Concerning The DK Custom Comfort Lift On A Freewheeler Trike ???

Bill G

Mar 5, 2015
Bakersfield California USA
Any Advantage at All Concerning The DK Custom Comfort Lift On A Freewheeler Trike ???

Any opinions or experiences would be welcome. I know some of the advantages for the lift kits on the Tri Glides. I would really like Info on the Freewheeler Trikes please.

Thanks in advance to everyone :D

Ride Safe All, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 260
Any opinions or experiences would be welcome. I know some of the advantages for the lift kits on the Tri Glides. I would really like Info on the Freewheeler Trikes please.

Thanks in advance to everyone :D

Bill G

Not only will it level it out (see pic below), but more importantly, it will give a smoother ride.

FreewheelerComp.jpg

Comfort Lift LINK

Kevin

Thanks for the feedback, I just placed the order for them.

Kevin does this lift also lighten the steering of the trike a little? I have heard the lifts do this and that might not be a bad thing for the more twisty roads out there.

I am looking forward to the comfort lift and will give feedback down the road.

Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 252
Thanks for the feedback, I just placed the order for them.

Kevin does this lift also lighten the steering of the trike a little? I have heard the lifts do this and that might not be a bad thing for the more twisty roads out there.

I am looking forward to the comfort lift and will give feedback down the road.

Bill G

Yes, it will make the steering a bit "quicker", making it take a little less effort to turn. It is not a lot, but most notice it.

We appreciate Your business, and look forward to your feedback!

Kevin

On second thought after thinking things over a little more and liking the stance and ride of our Freewheeler as it is I have decided to not install the comfort lift for now. :cool:

Thank you everyone again for your input.

Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1706.JPG
    IMG_1706.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 251
Question for DK Custom

Sent you this question to your web site, no reply, so here goes again. Have a friend just purhased a 2015 TriGlide, he's looking for after market passenger arm rests, thought you might know if they exist???? His passenger doesn't like the Harley arm rests. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Sent you this question to your web site, no reply, so here goes again. Have a friend just purhased a 2015 TriGlide, he's looking for after market passenger arm rests, thought you might know if they exist???? His passenger doesn't like the Harley arm rests. If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Thanks, I see they should be available 8/24/15, but you know how that goes. I'll pass the information along. DK, being Harley specific, I thought they might respond, I appreciate your reply.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/486...enger-armrests

We don't know of anyone else...but we have not looked into it much either.

I'm really sorry we did not get back to you. We make every effort to respond to all emails within a few hours, and 99.9% within 24 hours max.

Could you please PM me you email address so I can see what happened to your email...why it was not answered? That way we can learn and improve.

Thanks,

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

On second thought after thinking things over a little more and liking the stance and ride of our Freewheeler as it is I have decided to not install the comfort lift for now. :cool:

Thank you everyone again for your input.

Bill G

Just a thought....Have you looked at the stance of you FW when you're sitting on it? They are pretty close to level when unloaded...maybe get a picture taken by someone else when you are on it.

I know I don't care that much about the above, I just like the improved ride.

Kevin

My e-mail is bikerbillwms@yahoo.com, to problem the add'y being out there, privacy does not exist. Look, not a problem with the late response, just wanted to get the information, now I have it. Hey, maybe I did something wrong on the web site, it happens, no way I can check that.

We don't know of anyone else...but we have not looked into it much either.

I'm really sorry we did not get back to you. We make every effort to respond to all emails within a few hours, and 99.9% within 24 hours max.

Could you please PM me you email address so I can see what happened to your email...why it was not answered? That way we can learn and improve.

Thanks,

Kevin

- - - Updated - - -

Just a thought....Have you looked at the stance of you FW when you're sitting on it? They are pretty close to level when unloaded...maybe get a picture taken by someone else when you are on it.

I know I don't care that much about the above, I just like the improved ride.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Yes I am ok with its stance with me on it.

The bigger deal for me here is I don't want to adjust the headlight angle or tilt it back after the lift. The headlight housing from the factory is aligned perfect to the fork angle with the new front ends design. If tilted back it would change the spacing around the back of the headlight housing at the top and may take away from the looks of the very even spacing around the headlights housing that the Trike has now.

On the Tri Glide this is not an issue as the headlight adjust differently and the tilting would not be noticeable after the adjustment like it would be on the Freewheelers design.

Ride Safe,:)

Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 166
My e-mail is bikerbillwms@yahoo.com, to problem the add'y being out there, privacy does not exist. Look, not a problem with the late response, just wanted to get the information, now I have it. Hey, maybe I did something wrong on the web site, it happens, no way I can check that.

Yeah, I think you must have entered your email in wrong, I just checked and we did not receive any emails from bikerbillwms@yahoo.com

I appreciate that a late response is ok with you. We just like to do better, and always respond quickly.

Sorry we could not be more help.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin,

Yes I am ok with its stance with me on it.

The bigger deal for me here is I don't want to adjust the headlight angle or tilt it back after the lift. The headlight housing from the factory is aligned perfect to the fork angle with the new front ends design. If tilted back it would change the spacing around the back of the headlight housing at the top and may take away from the looks of the very even spacing around the headlights housing that the Trike has now.

On the Tri Glide this is not an issue as the headlight adjust differently and the tilting would not be noticeable after the adjustment like it would be on the Freewheelers design.

Ride Safe,:)

Bill G

I understand that!

Are you sure the headlight does not adjust within the housing, leaving the housing in the same position? I am not sure, but will be looking at a Freewheeler this weekend to find out.

Have a Great 4th!

Kevin

I understand that!

Are you sure the headlight does not adjust within the housing, leaving the housing in the same position? I am not sure, but will be looking at a Freewheeler this weekend to find out.

Have a Great 4th!

Kevin

Yes pretty sure.

I have had the headlight out to upgrade the bulb, no adjustments that I saw. The service manual shows the headlight housing mounting bolt at the bottom of the housing where it attaches as the tilt adjust if I recall correctly.( I will look again in the Service Manuel tonight after work) If this is the case the issue I mentioned could be an issue depending on how much adjustment was needed. ( I tend to be a little picky about how things look ) I don't think I would like any more tilt back on the headlight housing than it has right now. As stated it is perfectly centered with the spacing around the headlight housing right now.

Ride Safe, :)

Bill G

Attachments

• IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 166
I understand that! Are you sure the headlight does not adjust within the housing, leaving the housing in the same position? I am not sure, but will be looking at a Freewheeler this weekend to find out. Have a Great 4th! Kevin

Kevin,

I finally got around to checking the Service Manuel concerning the Freewheelers vertical headlight adjustment to verify what I stated. It adjust as I stated and does not adjust like the Tri Glides vertical headlight adjustment does.

So the Freewheelers vertical adjustment could have the issues I mentioned depending on how much vertical adjustment was needed after the lift.

Ride Safe, :)
Bill G

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 156
We normally do not ride at night in my area due to too many 4 legged friends running out in fort of you, deer, cayote's, skunks, bob cats, dogs etc....

We got caught coming home in the dark coming home tonight. I do have the DK comfort lift installed. I do not see a problem. I figured I would need to readjust the head light but the change is so slight it doesn't need adjusting. Flat ground it light up the reflective lines on the road for a 1/2 mile at least, as it seems any way. Lights up the road just fine.

I will not be adjusting my head light for such a slight change. I did think it would be necessary though.

But it isn't that hard to adjust it. I can get my swivel head box end ratchet on the nut easy enough. It will take a bit to get it lose, not much room so it will only turn a couple clicks at a time but it is doable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png