• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Trinity or Yelvington Trike

Reaction score
After two years and some deep pocket expense I finally got my trike in shape. It took some doing but found a great a guy who studied the rear end of this trike and saw issues, and fixed them. Several problems with the back of this trike set. First the ABS that just doesn't work had to be taken off. No cost associated with this but there was a issue with the sprocket when the ABS was taken off. Then there was a issue with turning. I wanted to get left the bike wanted to go right. Had to call Richard Yelvington and he knew what the problem was and took care of it.

When I bought the bike from a lady in Michigan a few years back she told me that there wasn't any issues with the trike. Well never believe everything.

The next day the battery was dead. Then this turn issue which could have been deadly issue.

The next issue came last summer when I accelerated I heard rubbing in the rear end. Had my mechanic look at the rear of the bike. The sprocket was in bad shape with only 5300 miles on it. After looking at it some more he said that the sprocket was loose causing a wobble wearing down the teeth in the sprocket. After he took off the sprocket we had to get an exact same thing, of course they couldn't mill the thing so I had to get someone to do that, put a different chain on as well as a silencer that keeps the noise level down. After my mechanic got into the rear end he saw that the spacers and the parts that were on the rear end of the bike were junk not well made and he replaced all. He said that is what is causing the sprocket to wobble a poor design. Since this guy is an engineer by trade everything needs to be exact.

Well after it was all put back together I have over a 1000 miles on it now and not one little issue.

The trike set is awesome!

Now I know Trinity was bought out by Yelvington so maybe now the trike sets are better than they were in 2010. I know for a Burgman there isn't much out there for a true trike set. This maybe it! I had a Danson and if you want to ride on all fours it is very stable and a good set except for the brackets on the back that well cracked off many times when I had it. I sold that trike to get the one I have now.

Taking a few trips with it this summer and now feel very safe on the bike and looking forward to riding.

Like yourself, pretty much every Trinity/Yelvington customer I have spoken with has had "deep pocket expenses". Motor Trike makes a nice Burgman trike conversion, much better design and quality, an established proven company, and the conversion is priced better too.

I must agree I met the guy who owns Motor Trike three years ago in Indy for the dealer show. Then they were just starting to get their feet wet and had a Burgman on the showroom floor. It was a very impressive trike set much better than any I have seen. Yet for some reason the sets on these Burgman's are not really proven.

If I had to do it all over again I would most likely go with a Motor Trike set up and have them do the install.. The last time I talked to the guys from Yelvington in Cincinnati this winter for the dealer show I had the feeling that this company is not in very good shape. They had a rep there that was unsure of the questions I gave him. He said Richard was not as active as before which leads me to believe that something is going on with the inside workings of the company. Maybe another buy out or maybe they just aren't going to be around much longer. I never called any company that closed at 2:00 in the afternoon five days a week.

This tells me they don't have enough work in their pipeline.

The good news is I have a guy who can work on my bike if I have issues and we don't need to buy parts from Yelvington anymore.

I kind of like the new 2015 Cam Am Spider but not sure how good they are mechanically. Hear that have issues as well. I always say a motorcycle is a like a women. You always need to spend money on them if you want to keep them.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png