Rider footboard riser kit

Reaction score
I did a search but did not find anything so I am asking the group for suggestions. My wife is 5'5" tall and the "Harley Heat" makes riding uncomfortable after a while. If she had the floorboards up about an inch - inch and a half the leg position would be away from the most intense heat. I have added the RJS heat deflectors but they really made no difference in the felt heat for her. Changing her sitting geometry is the next step if I can find brackets. Kuryakin makes a relocator that moves the footboards out an inch and forward an inch which would be ok for taller riders but doesn't work for the more petite rider. Any suggestions for a riser kit?

I did a search but did not find anything so I am asking the group for suggestions. My wife is 5'5" tall and the "Harley Heat" makes riding uncomfortable after a while. If she had the floorboards up about an inch - inch and a half the leg position would be away from the most intense heat. I have added the RJS heat deflectors but they really made no difference in the felt heat for her. Changing her sitting geometry is the next step if I can find brackets. Kuryakin makes a relocator that moves the footboards out an inch and forward an inch which would be ok for taller riders but doesn't work for the more petite rider. Any suggestions for a riser kit?
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/reduced-reach-passenger-footboard-mounting-kit

According to that link, this does not fit the trike models.

Are your floorboards adjusted all the way up? The stock boards have about a 1.5" adjustment range.

The psted link is for passenger floorboards and I need to reposition the rider floorboard. I do not see any adjustment on the stock floorboards either.

DK Customs have extenders that put the floorboards OUT one inch. My wife is 5'3", and she is comfortable sitting in the driver's seat.

The posted link is for passenger floorboards and I need to re-position the rider floorboard. I do not see any adjustment on the stock floorboards either.

Sorry,you weren't clear who was driving. :) I don't think the driver boards are adjustable but the passenger units definitely are.

The kuryakyn floorboards relocation can be reversed so they can be moved reward instead of forward. Just put the left on the right side and the right side on the left. DK makes good products
I do not think this is your solution though. It will help a bunch though.

I have these on my trike ... came off my 11 ultra. HD says they won't fit the trike ... but they bolt right on and you can adjust where she puts her feet.

LT P Cover.jpg

Part Number: 50768-07A

I've changed the boards since that pic, but the adjustable mount is
still there

Thanks guys but she is the driver, it is her trike and we don't ride two up so she gets the engine heat. I did put 3/4" spacers on this morning and we 150 miles in 95 degree temp and she said it was better but still uncomfortable. Next step is to pick up a second set of factory mounts and weld an extension on them.

Thanks guys but she is the driver, it is her trike and we don't ride two up so she gets the engine heat. I did put 3/4" spacers on this morning and we 150 miles in 95 degree temp and she said it was better but still uncomfortable. Next step is to pick up a second set of factory mounts and weld an extension on them.

My bad ... dk custums sells a 1" spacer with bolts and everything you need ... I just installed them and I have way less heat. Didn't have much before due to lots of tuning but it is significantly less now.

Might not be a bad idea to put small 1x3 boards on the floorboards and tape them on - then add more until not only are they comfortable height wise, but also with the heat. Would give you an idea of how high she needs them. The only problem I can see this the brake pedal as they are not really adjustable.

Just curious, is she wearing boots or just over the ankle stuff?

jc

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png