First trip!!!!

Mar 6, 2010
Wheeler,Texas
First trip is in the books!!

Just a short hop about 180 miles each way,just to see what she feels like and make sure the Queen can handle and remain comfortable.

Lessons learned:

1) We either gotta get tougher rear's or look into getting the seats puffed up:blush:

2)The ride is really smooth with only 15 psi in the rear tires.....is that too low?

3) Watch out for road hazards!!!! already managed to bust the lower chrome-looking air scoop:(:mad:

All in all it was a great little trip and am looking forward to the next one.

Ricle41 You got a PM

Congrats on your first ride! Apart from a couple of minor glitches it sounds wonderful :).
15 may be a bit too low in the rear tires if riding 2-up. Try it up about 20.

First trip is in the books!!

Just a short hop about 180 miles each way,just to see what she feels like and make sure the Queen can handle and remain comfortable.
<snip>
Ricle41 You got a PM

Congrats, the first ride on my trike (finishing touches at 10:15 the night before departure ) was a 4,500 mile round trip from Melbourne Victoria, to Alice Springs in the Northern Territory... how's that for a positive attitude? My 'check and re-check' during the conversion payed off, didn't have to access the tool-kit once! So relieved, because most of the trikes I went with had to do road-side repairs.

Have to admit my heart was in my mouth a few times when doing long stints on my own through the Australian outback where total commitment is the name of the game... There are a lot of occasions where there is absolutely NOTHING for 150-200 miles, and cell phones? Forget it, absolutely no reception. But what an adventure... WOW!
s12577.gif

Congratuations on your first ride! Your "rears" will toughen up somewhat, but factory seats leave a LOT to be desired. There are a lot of Honda guys here who can point you in the right direction in regards to which seat to get. Ya don't just hop on & knock off a 500 mile day from the get go. Try to make leg stretching stops at least every 100 miles -- shorter at first. I was forced into a 4 month vacation from riding & the first time I did 100 miles nonstop after that was a killer! Last summer, 500 mile days were routine -- I'll get back to where they are. It just takes time in the saddle.

NM

Prior to spending the money to trike our Wing, my wife says the best money I spent on do-dads for the bike was a new seat. I put a Ultimate seat on in 2008. $1200.00 was a hard pill to swallow at the point of sale, but after riding across country PA to California and back we both agree it was money well spent.:yes:

As far as miles riding between breaks, we try to stop and stretch every 125 miles or so. It does a body good to take a break and makes the overall ride more enjoyable. Time in the seat will build up your resistance to numb butt! Congratulations on your first ride! Ride often, ride far, ride safe!

Congratulations, you're off to a great start, and it just gets better and better. Rear tires sound a little light. Running 17 lbs in mine, but never ride two up. A suggestion from one of these forums is to draw a couple of chalk lines across the tread of each tire, then after a trip around the block, or up and down the driveway a couple of times, you can see if the center of the tire or the outside edges is carrying the most weight. Adjust pressure after that.

Oh yeah, don't worry about that silly grin on your face. Just learn to live with it 'cause it's not going away.

I'll get you a p.m. in a little while.

Dick

Well the fella that sold us the bike,said to be prepared to break out some $$ if you damaged anything painted.............He wasn't joking,almost $800 for the two pieces needed:eek::eek:. My question is can I get it in the factory color?? Or are we gonna be out more $$ for paint??

If the parts you need are from Honda for the bike, you should be able to order them from Honda Directline Parts for less money than you would pay at a Honda dealer. You should be able to order them color match painted if what you need is a Honda paint color. You can find the paint color no. under the fuel fill lid on an 1800. I'm not sure if the 1500 has the paint number under the fuel lid. Paint is available from US Paint and Colorite if your pieces are fixable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png