Hannigan Transformer - Cut N Shoot Customs

That is awesome!!! Making me kind of sick to see how fast your ride is coming together....Can't wait to see your finished product.....

I should have taken mine to KY. Mine is still NOT completed.(completion date was scheduled on or before March 24, 2015) Just a few things to do but the dealer is not bothering to contact me so until he does my $$$$ stays in the bank!!
NO FINISH, NO FINAL PAYMENT....just that simple!!

At least I get to ride in between rain storms.

Cut N Shoot Customs

When the shop looks like this, four complete trike build and paints on a deadline, along with lots of trike kits shipping out and a half dozen sidecars and trailers also on a deadline, things do get really intense for ole Gooch. Add to that constant dealer and customer phone calls that cannot go unanswered, it makes for some not so smiley days and yesterday was one of those. It's all good though...better to have too much business than not enough.

DSCN0440.JPGDSCN0434.JPGDSCN0438.JPGDSCN0422.JPGDSCN0437.JPGDSCN0439.JPGDSCN0436.JPGDSCN0435.JPG

Cut N Shoot Customs

Gooch took the Psychedelic Purple Clint Mobile outside to test the new rear pulley configuration and antilock brakes. He was not expecting this or trying to do it, but with no clutch popping, just a slow roll and then a snap of the throttle the tires would light up. (note smoke coming off the tires!) Our jaws dropped and everyone was grinning ear to ear...This is gonna be a fun machine!

DSCN0416.JPGDSCN0414.JPGDSCN0412.JPGDSCN0413.JPG

Clint bought the bike used and had assumed it's stock but we have our doubts about that....The new pipes sound GOOOOD!

Gooch took the Psychedelic Purple Clint Mobile outside to test the new rear pulley configuration and antilock brakes. He was not expecting this or trying to do it, but with no clutch popping, just a slow roll and then a snap of the throttle the tires would light up with all ease. (note smoke coming off the tires!) Our jaws dropped..This is gonna be a fun machine!

View attachment 28719View attachment 28717

Clint bought the bike used and assumed it's stock but we have our doubts about that....The new pipes sound GOOOOD!

All work and no play makes Jim a dull boy! Gotta be a few perks in the job,eh Mr.Gooch? :laugh:

Cut N Shoot Customs

DSCN0455.JPGDSCN0448.JPGDSCN0447.JPGDSCN0446.JPG

These low res pictures don't come close to doing this trike justice, but the paint is spot on and really pops! Notice the extended side covers are a custom item that are included in the Transformer trike kit and replace the stock side covers. They are hand laid fiberglass and are made to flow up to and tie the paint scheme into the tank so the colors flow. I think this is a really classy feature and is a Hannigan exclusive.

Cut N Shoot Customs

Hannigan's lead installer Brad "B-Rad" Boggess is an amazing tech when it comes to building trikes.....ANY trikes. He was simultaneously building a BMW R1150RT a Honda GL1800 and assisting on the Harley Transformer. Brad is a master tech and is as good as they come in the trike business. If your trike was built at Hannigan, he is the one who most likely built it. Thanks much for your help on the Transformer build Brad! He is also a new member here, so please give him a warm welcome!

DSCN0450.JPGDSCN0451.JPGDSCN0417.JPGDSCN0418.JPGDSCN0452.JPGDSCN0429.JPGDSCN0430.JPGDSCN0428.JPG

Randy, thank you so much for posting all these photos and keeping us informed on its progress. Please tell the Hannigan Crew how much we appreciate all their efforts as well. The gearhead in me is chomping at the bit, wishing I were there helping out.

I think those V&H Monster Rounds mufflers are gonna be keepers. Sure like the large diameter cans.

When I first saw that they took it to Kentucky, it perked my ears up a little. I looked into Hannigan's a little more, and found out it is located in Murray. Even though it's in Ky, that would be about a 6 hours ride for me. Kentucky is a long state.

Maybe I'll do that one day (or two).

Wow. Just looked at google maps. That's out past Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. Didn't quite realize that. I would love to go out there to see the lakes, and the 'Land Between The Lakes' as well.

When Sherry and I owned our Boss Hoss trike,we used to ride it to the Boss Hoss National Meet in Paris Landing,TN which is just across the lake from Murray. Small world.

Our Street Glide is at Hannigan Motorsports this week. It arrived this morning and work has already commenced. Zook is there at the factory so we should be seeing some under-construction photos,soon. Hannigan tech called me this morning to inform me the Vance & Hines Monster Oval mufflers on our bike would not work on the conversion. That really sucked to hear that bit of news but I ordered a pair of V&H 450 Destroyer slip-ons to replace the Monster Ovals and are having them drop-shipped to Hannigan.

The 68T rear pulley I shipped them looks like it will work fine. Hannigan normally builds their kit with a 66T rear pulley but I didn't want the taller gearing. So, Zook and I did some research and found a non-cushdrive pulley from a Sportster that would work. Stock gearing on our Street Glide is 32/68 so hopefully I will not have to make any further changes. If so,I'll install a 30T front pulley later,for more grunt.

If everything else goes smoothly,Hannigan said our new trike would be finished by the weekend. :cool:

I'm taking mine in on Monday the 20th for the transformer kit. I've waited a month and a half so I'm excited. Hope your going to post pictures. I decided to go with what ever Hannigan decides with the belt and sprocket, I'm concerned with the skinny belt.
Capt Bob

I'm taking mine in on Monday the 20th for the transformer kit. I've waited a month and a half
so I'm excited. Hope your going to post pictures.
I decided to go with what ever Hannigan decides
wih the belt and sprocket, I'm concerned with the skinny belt.
Capt Bob

Our bike was geared 32/68 and the rear pulley is a cush drive unit. Hannigan doesn't use a cush drive so they substitute a non-cush 66T rear pulley from a 2007 touring bike. I didn't want the taller gearing that would have created so Zook and I did some research and found an acceptable 68T alternative from a 2009 Sportster. If the trike's gearing is still deemed too high after I ride it,the next option will be to change the stock 32T front pulley for a 30T.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png