Battery Type Help Needed...

Reaction score
Trying to determine a battery, I am in need of a smaller battery of less than 6" in height, including the post. Went to Interstate Battery yesterday and they tried to sell me a Motorcycle battery. Said it would start a VW engine, reason: they are used in larger cc motorcycles and felt it should work.

Any advise, suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

I was once looking for a certain size battery. I took a tape measure to the auto parts store and started measuring. You can save some height if there is room to use side mount terminals. Try different battery company sites. Sometimes they list the dimensions.

TrikerDawg, It depends on the draw of the starter not just that its the same displacement as a motorcycle. All though it is. Check the draw of the VW starter and then one on a HD 103 or 110 and a Honda Goldwing. If they are close then one of those batteries might work especially in Florida's weather.

If u have a good charge system , Should have with a car motor ( VW is a car motor right ) <LOL> . the GW or the HD battery will start it.

You might also try looking into the new tech AGM style batteries. They are sealed, haven't any liquid acid in them and can be mounted on any side, and even upside down!

If u can find an AGM Garden Tractor battery mounting on its side would be the ticket.

Trikerdog try Odyssey Batteries, they are a dry cell can be mounted in any position. The PC545 fits most Goldwing, HD, and other big bike apps. Have used them for years good life span. Good Luck Jay A.

ebatteriestogo.com is an easy site to surf and offers all the name-brand sealed batteries for just about any battery tray.
They also ship it right to your door free......above $50. Don't know about every case with every bike/trike, but the ones I have purchased from there have been well below over-the-counter HD cost. The last one I purchased was around $109 for a 325 CCA as opposed to $140 plus tax for a HD 275 CCA.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png