Gold Wing Gen2 sidecar (2012 & up)

12Wing Nut

Jul 16, 2014
Pittsburgh
When are you going to make your Honda side car match the rear styling of the Gold Wing Gen 2 (2012 & up)? I'm only asking because I am considering but I don't like the old style taillight on your sidecar. I waited to buy my Bushtec until they matched the rear end styling! The TriGlide in the avatar is my wife's. My bike is a 2012 level 4 Gold Wing & sooner or later I'll have to convert!

12Wing Nut,
Thanks much for the Inquiry and Interest in a Hannigan Sidecar.

I spoke with the R&D Dept. Manager and confirmed there is currently no talk or Plans to modify or update the GTL model to incorporate the GEN 2 GL1800 Tail Light. That does not mean that such will not be planned or done in the future in the least. Only that at the current time there are other Projects & Concepts which have taken Precedence and Priority over the Time & Effort such a Design and Production adaptation would require.
We wish that our Time & Effort was not a "Zero-Sum" Concern and Factual Reality. But as we all know, that is an unfortunate Reality all People and Entities are forced to accept and do the best they can do governed by that Fact.

I wish I had better News. I hope that somehow or someday we can earn your Business and your Trust on either the GTL as it currently exists or another Sidecar Model.
Until then, all the best to you and yours and please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future.

Side Car Auxilary Fuel Tank

Thanks for the quick reply. I would like to see Hannigan update the GTL sidecar to match the Gen 2 styling but I understand it's not a top priority. But I do have one more question.

Is there an Auxiliary Fuel Tank Available for the Gold Wing Sidecar? Basically, the right saddle bag is somewhat blocked and might be a good place for an aux fuel tank. Just a thought.

Thanks much for your Understanding ThumbUp

We have no Option for an Aux. Fuel Tank in a Sidecar Application.
However, I believe there are some available as Add-Ons from other Suppliers and/or Sources.

Pictures of GTL on a Gen 2?

Bushtec 2.jpg

Do you have any pictures of the GTL on a Gen 2? I would like to see pictures with two tone matching paint and what the rear end looks like.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png