trike ramps

schiel1

May 14, 2015
Sunrise, Florida
Has anyone tried using 3 ramps to lift the trike up a few inches to do oil changes etc. I cut down mine to lift the front wheel up about 3 inches. It goes up with ease but would like to know if anyone has any experience with climbing all 3 wheels at once. Don't want to waste my time (and money) if it does not work properly.

Has anyone tried using 3 ramps to lift the trike up a few inches to do oil changes etc. I cut down mine to lift the front wheel up about 3 inches. It goes up with ease but would like to know if anyone has any experience with climbing all 3 wheels at once. Don't want to waste my time (and money) if it does not work properly.

I built these out of scrap lumber six years ago. Used 2X6 for front tire and 2X10 for rear tires. Have used them dozens of time on mine and other's trikes.

Separated-Rear.jpg

Here is a closer look..

FrontRamps.jpg

Hey Gold Rush - I like your home made ramps. I made something similar about 3 years ago. I assume you have a removable pin or screw that holds the ramp and tire stand together until you get the trike up there, then remove the ramp for working under the trike.

I like the strap idea better than the single alignment bolt technique I used. Actually saw this idea in an old thread some years back so a few others have tried this also.

I have triple ramps that lift all three wheels up 3". The ramps all have inclines I can remove to have access to work, especially the front one. You need to be able to remove the incline in order to get you're oil pan under the engine. I also was concerned about going up all three at once but it was very easy. A good idea to put a stop at the end of the front ramp so you don't go too far and go off the other end.

Hey Gold Rush - I like your home made ramps. I made something similar about 3 years ago. I assume you have a removable pin or screw that holds the ramp and tire stand together until you get the trike up there, then remove the ramp for working under the trike.

I like the strap idea better than the single alignment bolt technique I used. Actually saw this idea in an old thread some years back so a few others have tried this also.

Take a close look at the second photo. See the notch cut from the bottom of the strap up about half way. Also see the screw in that notch. Once the trike is on the wheel rest area all I do is raise the ramp piece up enough to slide it back. When it's time to take the trike off the ramp pieces go back on and the trike is rolled onto the floor.

Very inexpensive and very functional. What more could one ask for??? :xszpv::xszpv:

To answer the OP yes I have used 3 ramps. Works good for me. But 3 inches wont help me much, cant get around good enough for that.
I even made a trike/bike table using 2 x 12. Made it in 5 sections so when they are on it I can take the center 2 out to work.

To answer the OP yes I have used 3 ramps. Works good for me. But 3 inches wont help me much, cant get around good enough for that.
I even made a trike/bike table using 2 x 12. Made it in 5 sections so when they are on it I can take the center 2 out to work.

:Agree::Agree: DD speaks the truth. The ramps are good for changing oil and getting the trike up high enough for me to get my floor jack under it but not really high enough to do much else. IF I don't want to just use jack stands and crawl around on the floor I drag out the Big Boy Toys.. Since this photo was taken I have cropped the aprons so they only support the rear wheels. Lets me get up close and personal with the drive shaft when needed... :xszpv: :xszpv:

1200lbTable2-1.jpg

I bought this one from Amazon. The Jack is 17 3/4" long 6" inches wide. Lifting height is 14-1/2" from the floor. I'll probably use a piece of wood anyway so it's not metal to metal when lifting.

It should work well after lifting the front wheel with the wheel ramp I modified for a 3" lift..

<strike></strike>MC lift.jpg

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png