2016 colors

KindaOldTriker

Sep 27, 2012
Hartville, Ohio USA
I saw the new color charts for Triglides and Freewheelers.
Wait until you see the two-tone purple for Triglide!
Colors for Triglide:
Black
Silver
2 tone purple(custom)
2 tone jade/bkack ( nice)
A color VERY SIMILAR to last years custom Black Magic. No pinstrip colors listed with it so I'm assuming will have graphics like Black Magic. I'm PO'd aftrr buy the too-similar Black Magic.(It is the other custom color)

Freewheeler:
Black
Dark pewter metallic. Almost black.
Brite met. Red they've used before on triglides. Looks nice!

What???? No red Triglide????? Well, they need not expect me to buy a 16 if they don't have red. That is downright un- American. Aren't we Red, White and Blue? and no red? I am keeping my 14.

What were they thinking?

Steve

What???? No red Triglide????? Well, they need not expect me to buy a 16 if they don't have red. That is downright un- American. Aren't we Red, White and Blue? and no red? I am keeping my 14. What were they thinking? Steve

OOPS! Sorry Steve.
Yes, there was a two-tone red. I forgot :>)
The other two tone besides the Jade/black that WEREN'T CUSTOM COLORS ( Like the 2 purples)
It isn't a brite/dark combo though like they've had for the last couple years. It is more like the earlier 2 reds that were only slightly different. I think the brite/dark combos were better.
So, 6 color schemes to pick. I'm thinking the 2 tone purple custom will be hot.
and the FREEWHEELERS should look good in the new met. red and dark metalic almost-black.

I'm sorry I don't have the names for you but I was lucky to get the guy to show me the color book. He would have never let me write them down yet. He thought I was thinking about getting a FREEWHEELER for my wife. He knew I had a 2015 Black Magic TriGlide because it was in for a recall. I HAVE NO IDEA what made him think I was getting the wife a FREEWHEELER :>)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Steve, I don't think the 2016 red 2 tone is as pretty as you're 2014 red 2 tone combo

Miss Mysterious is my last Harley build...I wanted a 14 but held out for the solid red...just picked up a Street Glide Special Mysterious Red fairing fascia take off...

Attachments

• Trike 1.jpg
    Trike 1.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 130
OOPS! Sorry Steve.
Yes, there was a two-tone red. I forgot :>)

- - - Updated - - -

BTW Steve, I don't think the 2016 red 2 tone is as pretty as you're 2014 red 2 tone combo

ahhhh Mother Harley...all is forgiven.....I bought a black 12 Limited and rode it until the 14's came out. All my other bikes had been red. The 12 was a great bike but I never felt it was mine. Just glad I had the good sense to go to three wheels.

I just gotta ride red...

Steve

Wife and I are thinking of getting a new 2016 and we have seen the color charts. Not too sure yet about which color we will get. We have the 2011 Merlot and Black and really like that but do want something different. We do like the two tone red which is Mysterious Red Sunglo and Velocity Red but the wife also mentioned that everyone around here has red ones. The custom color that is similar to the Black Magic is called Cosmic Blue Pearl and looks pretty nice on the chip but I would want to see a trike in that color before deciding. The two tone purple could be interesting but would have to see it in person on the bike and not just the picture on the HD site when they release it on Aug. 24. We are actually planning on waiting and taking delivery around the end of March or so rather than getting it right away. Hopefully by that time we will see Tri Glides in person in the different colors. We will be leaving for Nampa, ID (outside of Boise) around Labor Day weekend so we might see some at Beartooth HD (Billings, MT), Yellowstone HD (Bozeman, MT), Grand Teton HD (Idaho Falls, ID) or at High Desert in Meridian, ID. High Desert usually has several on hand whereas the others may only have one on display. Our dealer may have one on display once in a while but most trikes that come in are sold before hitting the show room. Dealer said he has 4 new 2016 TG's coming in next week but are all sold.

2011 Merlot and Black TG.

When I bought my 2015 Black Magic I felt the same way about the color chart. I wanted to see it on s bike. I called around until I found a local dealer who had a new bike that color.it wasn't a trike. I went over and it sold me on it. I went to lunch and while there my dealer saledman called and said they just took their first 2015 off the truck and it was Black Magic. I gave him a deposit over the phone.
I AM po'd a bit though about the new color that is sooooo close and I'm sure will also have graphics since no pinstripe is listed. For what the limited color costs it should stay that way and not nearly rrptoduced the next year!!!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png