flrt running lights

dirtdobber

Gone But Never Forgotten
Reaction score
has anyone found or using running lights other than the ugly rectangle lights that go on the crash bar.
I would like to use something like this if I can find something.

I had the roadglide set on my previous trike and they were okay. Look nice. Mine were black because I was using the black out look.

Problem is with freewheeler they use a different front. The turn singals plate is angled. You can't use them. Got to get to a dealer one day so I can see if they sale he side plates for the road king seperate

Got to get a parts manual to. Got a lot I need to learn about the new ride. I hate having to look up things on the net. Takes time while I could be working.

- - - Updated - - -

Clint44 the photo of the lights u posted did give me a idea. Not at that price, I'll find something else. Im trying to do 2 things at the same time. I want the running lights so I can move the turn signals.

How about conventional H-D auxiliary lights? Beside halogen bulbs (which I use 'cause I'm frugal), H-D has a LED bulb set too (for more $).

Sure does change the look of the FLRT. Think I like it. Might have to do that this winter...

How about conventional H-D auxiliary lights? Beside halogen bulbs (which I use 'cause I'm frugal), H-D has a LED bulb set too (for more $).

That will work if im able to add the signals to the light bar. That is the main thing im trying to do. I want to add the fangs. That is the main objective

Okay, I finally made it to the HD shop for a party. Lots of folks and bikes with live band and plenty of food. They even had fl trike, made between 2010 and 2011. Looked like a tri glide without the trunk.
Any way, looked up some parts and seen how the 2015 Roadking light bar and the bike style front is mounted.
I was happy to see no fab is needed. No changing much. this will allow you to use the light bar and relocate the turn signals.
Once this is done you can then use the road king fangs with no problem. The priced me $240 for both sides of the mount like the cvo uses. Then of couse running lights. I prefer the cobra 3.5 inch lights and change the bulb to a 27 watt. You got plenty of light thgoing to town 009en.
Just thought I would do a update. Maybe in the fall I will have enough saved to do this for next years riding.

Okay, I finally made it to the HD shop for a party. Lots of folks and bikes with live band and plenty of food. They even had fl trike, made between 2010 and 2011. Looked like a tri glide without the trunk.
Any way, looked up some parts and seen how the 2015 Roadking light bar and the bike style front is mounted.
I was happy to see no fab is needed. No changing much. this will allow you to use the light bar and relocate the turn signals.
Once this is done you can then use the road king fangs with no problem. The priced me $240 for both sides of the mount like the cvo uses. Then of couse running lights. I prefer the cobra 3.5 inch lights and change the bulb to a 27 watt. You got plenty of light thgoing to town 009en.
Just thought I would do a update. Maybe in the fall I will have enough saved to do this for next years riding.

I'm looking to do the same as you- being able to install fangs. How/Where would you relocate the turn signals?

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/custom-auxiliary-lighting-kit-pa-11-67800367--1 he light bar is 2 pieces, one for each side. The turn signals mount on the bottom of the mount and running lights mount on top. The fang then will mount on the same 2 acorn nuts. In tablet at the moment so when my wife gets up ill post a photo as how it looks.

I've got that set-up on our trike,now. Bought the new style fangs from my Harley dealer but they will need some "massaging" around the back of the turn signals to fit.

How was he installation, what did you wire to, did they come with a switch???

I had them installed at Bike week this past March. One of those specials. They ran the wires inside of my engine guard. Put the switch in the same spot they would be on a Roadking.

Keystone, I like those. Do they interfere with the lower fairing?

That would not work for me if they do.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wheeza
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png