Engine guard bar...

First Timer

Aug 5, 2015
East Peoria, IL
Has anyone installed the Lindy engine guard. I was on there web site and didn't find a application for the FW, unless I over looked it. I was looking at the Twinbar with the highway pegs.
Any info would be appreciated....

Has anyone installed the Lindy engine guard. I was on there web site and didn't find a application for the FW, unless I over looked it. I was looking at the Twinbar with the highway pegs.

I have their Magnumbar mounted on mine. It wasn't an easy installation but it does fit.
Red

Not that hard once you figure it out. The roadking bar mounts differently than the FL bikes I have had. When you get it installed, you may need to turn the friction shock as I call it and turn the bolt on the outward side up side down and add a washer. The acorn nut may hit the bar when you turn.
Just take your time and it is rather easy. I agree that any bar that will fit for a 2015 roadking will fit.

Thanks for your input. I see where they do have the Twinbar that fits the Roadking. I may check out some other brands also before I purchase.

Not that hard once you figure it out.

There are only 3 bolts to attach the Magnumbar it looked like it would be any easy install but mine may have been not typical. No matter what order I tried installing each bolt I had to apply quit a bit of pressure on the bar to get the last bolt lined up and started. You also have to order one of their custom brackets for the steering dampner or modify the stock OEM one.

One other thing that I wish I would have looked at closer is that they don't make their Weather Guards for the Magnumbar. I like the way it looks mounted but if I would have noticed that I couldn't get the Weather Guards I may have went with a different bar.
Red

Thanks for the link Clint...that's a good looking bar also. Red thanks for the info on the steering damper, I'll have to check that out a little closer. I've seen where some guys have said you have to reverse the bolt to clear the bar.

I took the Linby crash bars off my '08 Electra Glide Standard and put them on my '09 Tri-Glide replacing the lower fairings. Put the lowers back on when I traded it for the Freewheeler. If you look closely at the siggy picture you can see them. Make very comfortable road pegs.

I took the Linby crash bars off my '08 Electra Glide Standard and put them on my '09 Tri-Glide replacing the lower fairings.

Steve,what is the difference between a 1997-2008 and 2009-15 engine guard? They have different part numbers and aren't shown as interchangeable. The reason I ask is I have a chance to buy a Jaffe engine guard for a great price but it came off a 2003 RK.

Lindby has an add in the August edition of Thunder Press for a Freewheeler specific engine guard. They also have an adaptor bracket for the steering damper. The engine guard is $369.95 chrome or black and the adaptor bracket is $29.95. See lindbycustom.com.

Sunman

All the adapter is nothing but one with the forks cut off. the inside frame mount is 2 pieces. one is welded to the frame with 2 fingers and one is outside with 2 fingers which comes off when the bolt is removed. the outside one, the one that comes off has 2 fingers that go inside the outer 2 fingers. The adapter doesn't have those. That is what I cut off. Took 20 minutes to install

Called and talked with Lindy today. They gave me the part number for the bar and also said they had a adapter for the steering damper. Not sure what it does, I've seen post where some guys have just reversed the bolt with the acron nut around to clear the bar. still trying to figure everything out for install. Going to order the bar sometime next week.

The adapter is nothing but the removal outside mounting plate without the fingers. Nothing more. I looked it up and it looks just like mine after I cut the 2 fingers off.
The 2 fingers as I call em will not let the crash bar to go into place, they are in the way.
Reversing the bolt works just fine. you need the acorn nut on top so it will clear the bar.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trvman
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png