Snowbird Get Together 2016

tomg

Oct 27, 2009
Titusville, Florida
It is fast approaching the time I need to firm up a motel for next February. The dates would be 7-11 Feb, 2016. Right now the best I have found is were we stayed this year. That was the Best Western Castillo del Sol, Ormond Beach, Florida. They have said we would get the $65 ocean view and $75 for the ocean front prices for the rooms. Breakfast is included and they have under ground parking which is very nice being on the ocean side.
I need to have some input to find out just how many would be coming and staying in the motel. If we don't get 10-15 rooms filled, we don't get the rate quoted. Also I would like to know who else would be joining us for any rides or nightly eats!!
Thanks
Tomg

Mike and I won't be staying in the hotel, but we certainly expect to participate in some rides and activities. Looking forward to seeing everyone :)

Originally Posted by Gorilla
Don't black us in because MJ is due surgery early next year, but we will try and make it this year. Ted

You know you are always welcome and if needed come in a car if it helps to be with us!!

Tom

Snowbird '16 Motel info

We now have rooms in Ormond Beach, Florida for our Snowbird '16 Gathering.
Best Western Castillo Del Sol, 205 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, Florida 32176 phone # 386-672-6711. Be sure to tell them you are with TrikeTalk for our rates; Ocean view is $67.48 w/tax and Ocean front is $78.73 w/tax. This includes breakfast and underground parking. They will honor the rate for the day before and after our 7-11 Feb 16 get together. There is a 48 hour cancellation if needed so make your reservations early. We have had most of our reservations in the past made within the 30 days of start and that can cause problems as most hotels will open up any rooms not taken 30 days prior to the general public. I will put together a couple of day rides as in the past but, any rides are group decisions to be made on the Sunday of arrival. Any suggestions can be made at that time to the group.

Tomg

We now have rooms in Ormond Beach, Florida for our Snowbird '16 Gathering.
Best Western Castillo Del Sol, 205 S Atlantic Ave, Ormond Beach, Florida 32176 phone # 386-672-6711. Be sure to tell them you are with TrikeTalk for our rates; Ocean view is $67.48 w/tax and Ocean front is $78.73 w/tax. This includes breakfast and underground parking. They will honor the rate for the day before and after our 7-11 Feb 16 get together. There is a 48 hour cancellation if needed so make your reservations early. We have had most of our reservations in the past made within the 30 days of start and that can cause problems as most hotels will open up any rooms not taken 30 days prior to the general public. I will put together a couple of day rides as in the past but, any rides are group decisions to be made on the Sunday of arrival. Any suggestions can be made at that time to the group.

Tomg

Thank you Tom. MJ is on it.

OK Folks, I just want to remind everyone that February is the beginning of the race season, bike week, spring break and more!! What this means is that our motel is already getting early reservations from the race fans so DON'T wait for the last minute to get yours in!! You can always cancel but the rooms are going to be tough to get the longer you wait.

Tom

Hey Tom,

I will not be attending, but do know of 4 good restaurants on routes a bunch of us take riding our Goldwings for our weekly RTE's. We call them RTE's (Ride To Eat). Not sure if you know about them, but they are/can be on routes you plan on taking, and if the timing is right, good places with good food...

1. Shrimp R Us and More in Welaka
2. Sparky's in Astor on SR-40
3. Essex House in Astor on SR-40
4. Corky Bells Seafood in Palatka

I just thought I would throw them out if you don't know about them.

Another thought. Hartco and Diamond Motorcycle seat manufacturer are in Pierson and Crescent City. Maybe a tour can be done for anyone interested, or in market for a new seat as I am. Just an idea.

I know of a ton of different restaurants around Central Florida.

Any questions, let me know...:cool:

Hey Tom,

I will not be attending, but do know of 4 good restaurants on routes a bunch of us take riding our Goldwings for our weekly RTE's. We call them RTE's (Ride To Eat). Not sure if you know about them, but they are/can be on routes you plan on taking, and if the timing is right, good places with good food...

1. Shrimp R Us and More in Welaka
2. Sparky's in Astor on SR-40
3. Essex House in Astor on SR-40
4. Corky Bells Seafood in Palatka

I just thought I would throw them out if you don't know about them.

Another thought. Hartco and Diamond Motorcycle seat manufacturer are in Pierson and Crescent City. Maybe a tour can be done for anyone interested, or in market for a new seat as I am. Just an idea.

I know of a ton of different restaurants around Central Florida.

Any questions, let me know...:cool:

Thanks or the info !!

Tom

Does anyone know who "Deez Nuts" is that signed up on our registration page?? If I don't hear something soon, such as a real name I will delete the entry from the form!! We are not here to play games.

Tomg

Signed up today, the wife and I plan on being there for all 5 days, really looking forward to it. We stopped in Maggie Valley this year on the last 2 days of the meet-up there but we were in our cage and still had a great time.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png