TriGlide Factory Air Shocks

Sully

Trike Talk Executive Chef
Mar 23, 2014
Kennesaw, Ga.
Based on your air pressure of the Air Shocks, what pressure are yours set at ? Does a higher setting like 30lbs make it ride soft or hard ? And the same with a low setting around 18 / 20lbs, hard or soft ride ? This is based on the factory setting of 26lbs in the rear tires.

Based on your air pressure of the Air Shocks, what pressure are yours set at ? Does a higher setting like 30lbs make it ride soft or hard ? And the same with a low setting around 18 / 20lbs, hard or soft ride ? This is based on the factory setting of 26lbs in the rear tires.

I tried every setting from 20 to 50.... I ride solo and weigh 210, And have 22 lbs in the rear tires.
The best compromise [For me] is 35lbs in the shocks..
Too soft in the shocks and you'll bottom them out when you hit a sharp bump..
Too hard and you'll bounce /shimmy on sharp bumps.. That said with the shape of most roads in the North East there isn't any perfect setting for Tri-Glide, When i get on my Gunner it feels like I'm riding a Caddy over the same roads..:Shrug:

I run 35 in the shocks riding 2 up most of the time with 26 in the rear tires. I will run 40 to 45 in the shocks when we are on an extended trip.

With the tires at 26 back and 36 front, 30 lbs in the shock is a happy medium. Well maybe not happy, lets say acceptable.

Ok, this sounds good. I run 36 in front and 26 in rear also, but only 20 in the shocks, so I'm going to try 30. My weight is around 210, depending on what I BBQ :laugh:

I was wondering if the more or higher pressure you put in the shocks does it make it a harder ride ?, but I guess not really. Thanks

Ok, this sounds good. I run 26 in front and 36 in rear also, but only 20 in the shocks, so I'm going to try 30. My weight is around 210, depending on what I BBQ :laugh:

I was wondering if the more or higher pressure you put in the shocks does it make it a harder ride ?, but I guess not really. Thanks

You mean 26 in rears and 36 in front .

36-22-36

sounds like figures for something else huh! 36 front, 22 rear and 36 shocks. Works for us two up always my bride and myself. :Shrug: ride safely fearless

With the DK comfort lift, I run 26 in the tires and 20 in the shocks. That pressure is with 2 up. Jim

I have no idea what's in the shocks--whatever was in it when I bought it back in June. I do know there is 36 front, 26 rear though.

I have the regular lift, and shockingly my wife noticed a difference in the way the bike rode the first time she went out with me afterward. She NEVER says anything like that, so that tells me it made a tremendous difference.

I had the lifts on my 14 trike & took them off, thinking I was going to trade it for a 16. After seeing the 16's I've decide not to trade. No matter where I have the shocks set at, it is not good because of the road conditions. Shocks bottom out on the quick dips in the pavement. They are set at 45-50 now,& it's killing my back. I need to get the lifts back on. They are one of the best things I've done to the trike for comfort.

Air Pressure on shocks

I'm only guessing, because I only last month bought a Tri Glide, but from what I'm finding out the more air the harder it bounces. I'm about to reduce my air pressure to prove this point, I live in PA (The pothole capital of the world).

CQ CQ de N3IQS

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png