Roadsmith irs vs Motor Trike irs

david1144

Dec 23, 2010
Madisonville, KY
I'm looking at buying either another Roadsmith IRS trike or going to a shorter Motor Trike IRS called the Razor. I once owned a 1500 straight axle Motor Trike and liked the "shortness" of the unit compared to the Roadsmith. Anybody have experience with both units?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
David

I'm looking at buying either another Roadsmith IRS trike or going to a shorter Motor Trike IRS called the Razor. I once owned a 1500 straight axle Motor Trike and liked the "shortness" of the unit compared to the Roadsmith. Anybody have experience with both units?
David

David, I converted my '06 with a Motor Trike Adventure kit in 2011. Put nearly 50,000 miles on it before buying my 2015 and immediately converting with Roadsmith's HTS 1800 kit.

In a nut shell, I think the MT is more suited for twisty roads while the RS is a much smoother ride. Both are great kits. My 2015 has the onboard manual adjustable suspension and heavy duty torsion bar which really adds to it's comfort and convenience. I also added the 6 degree rake kit and Kuyakyn fort brace which vastly improved steering and handling.

Knowing what I do now, I would do the Roadsmith again every time.. Its just the better all around conversation. :xszpv::xszpv:

David

Can't help you with the comparison, but I have a Razor and like it. As for length, aren't all the trike brands within 5" in length? I don't think that would make much difference one way or another.

Can't help you with the comparison, but I have a Razor and like it. As for length, aren't all the trike brands within 5" in length? I don't think that would make much difference one way or another.

Howdy Mike. The Roadsmith wheel base is 7" longer then your Razor and yes that makes a big difference. I use to get down into the serious twisties several times each year and loved to run my MT Advrnture through them. I don't hold back but sure can't do with the Roadsmith what I did with the MT..... On the flip side, the MT had vibration and harsh ride issues the Roadsmith does not have. :xszpv::xszpv:

I think you have your answer. Longer wheel base equals smoother ride all else being fairly equal. So what are you looking for in the ride should help tell you which way to go.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png