Tire WEAR & Mud flaps

John Luciano

One Of The Origionals , TOI - New England
Mar 2, 2008
Conn
Check out the tires with 40,000 miles on them . Are they too worn out .Am I ready for new ones YHO please. Also to the person that asked about MUD flaps here is a good picture of mine with stop and tail light

Rats I want Raised white letters .. When I show them to Leon (DFT owner ) he says I need new ones . I am taking it to a tire shop . I still have 1/16 inch before I hit the wear bar .

John I know you are looking for someone to tell you that those tires are totally worn out and go buy those ones with the white letters on them. Okay just get the tires. You got your money out of those at 40k miles.

Rats I want Raised white letters .. When I show them to Leon (DFT owner ) he says I need new ones . I am taking it to a tire shop . I still have 1/16 inch before I hit the wear bar .

My opinion is you should change them. I changed mine on my DFT at about 35000, just because in my mind they seemed to re-act to the rain a little different than when they were new. Just my opinion for what its worth.

1/16" + wear bar? That's still 3 - 4/32" of tread. Harley wanted me to change rear tires at about that depth, but even the deep tread MT tire only had 9/32 of tread NEW -- that's throwing away half the tire. Car tires like we use on the rear start with more tread, but I still like to get as much out of a tire as I can safely. At this tread depth, IF you run a lot of rain, you COULD get some hydroplaning. For me, here in the desert, it'd be a waste to change 'em. If you get a lot of rain during your summer months, then maybe it'd be a good thing to change 'em.

NM

With the wife maybe not riding much , we may only put 3 or 4 K on them this year. I may stay with the tires for one more year. Hey I like the fish tailing in the rain give me a litter pucker now and then . At my age that is a good thing.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png