front coil overs for a 700 lb front end with leading link. help question

well I'm sure I will have to remove calipers to remove wheel also,,,
don't plan on removing it to often once done as i'm plenty tired of repainting stuff that I scratch now!!

allmost there... and looking good!

butchvoss.....looks good and looks strong.. your almost there! I put my front end the the scale today..340#, no rider. 370 with me in the seat. but I sit toward the rear. see last winter trike.. my question is, will your front wheel load be 700# with 2 up or what ? havn't seen the rest of your trike, maybe earlier posts?? larry

butchvoss.....looks good and looks strong.. your almost there! I put my front end the the scale today..340#, no rider. 370 with me in the seat. but I sit toward the rear. see last winter trike.. my question is, will your front wheel load be 700# with 2 up or what ? havn't seen the rest of your trike, maybe earlier posts?? larry

My front end is 640 with the wife and i... Just weighed it before i put it up in garage for winter mods a couple of weeks ago
Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome read!

I'm just starting to plan a V8 build and was wondering what the measurements of your front fork tubing is?

Thanks.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Two of 4 ft of 2 inch .250 dom tubing and had the trees custom made . I think with out going to garage they measure at 40 inchs. I started long and reduced as i was adjusting rake and trail Going to make a couple of mods to give more action to front for these pothole roads of NH this winter hopefully
thanks

Thanks. I was kinda thinking that they were 2", didn't know about the wall thickness.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what the optimum trail is for the leading link style forks. The sweet spot, if you will.

Thanks. I was kinda thinking that they were 2", didn't know about the wall thickness.

Now I'm just trying to figure out what the optimum trail is for the leading link style forks. The sweet spot, if you will.

personally i like about 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 inches

but what is nice about a LL you can have it adjustable i figure for that range when i lay it out go with the middle hole dont think ive ever moved one

Attachments

• P1010018.jpg
    P1010018.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 128
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    477.4 KB · Views: 162
  • P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 123

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png