Headlight replacements

Jan 20, 2011
Dexter, MO, USA
Has anyone replaced the original (main) headlights? I have a 08 and these are the ones that came on the trike. I'm looking for something brighter. Thanks for any response.

Try my best to never ride at night, but would be interested in the answer, also. Also thinking of adding modulating or led strobes.

hid headlights

I have thoroughly searched TECHNICAL info concerning hid "aftermarket" lights.1st-without a housing designed for hid< just installing the bulb&ballast will not properly "throw" the light beam(which may result in light beam shining into eyes of oncoming traffic) 2nd,a high beam hid takes time to achieve brightness & does not"instantly" turn off-technically aftermarket hid light kits ARE NOT DOT approved.many police are trained to check for aftermarket kits when stopping a vehicle with head lights out of adjustment. there are aircraft hid lights-sold with the proper housing& are instant on&off---expensive but worth the price.i have 120watt helas on each side of front cowl &are very bright for running these mountains at night. thank you

Thanks Dean, I replaced the driving lights with one of the ones shown. This winter when I can't get any riding in I plan on taking out the main headlight assembly and seeing what I can do with them. Thanks for all your info.

Gorilla needs to chime in here as he replaced their bulbs and they were much brighter but I can not remember the brand and part number. A little help here Ted...

Tomg

I just replaced the stock bulb with the same size PIAA super bright bulb. I put the same bulb in the both sides so if the low beam does burn out I can switch the high beam bulb over. Don't hardly ever use the high beam with these bulbs. I could not find a part number. I must have had a senior moment and thrown the box away.

Last edited:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png