• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

What size weber

Reaction score
Going to a single weber on my trike. Type one, dual port, stock motor. Running dual 34epc's now. Everybody says go to weber so here goes. Looking for opinion on size and where to buy. Also how much trouble is it to put the manifold on for the single carb. Does the alternator have to come off.

Has been a many years since I have run a single.
Will toss up a few thoughts.
A single one barrel takes the same tuning as any dual set up. You just have to do it x4 with dual 2bbls. Then x2 with dual 1bbls.
A big single barrel would be the simplest to tune. A tandem 2bbl on a plenum intake next. Then a non plenum 2bbl. Then the 2 one barrels. Then the 2bbl progressive. Then the dual 2bbls.

A progressive 2bbl once gotten right does drive real nice. Not bad on gas driving sane, but still has some kick when mashed.

Does the alternator have to come off.

I was thinking about this.
On mine, yes the alternator has to come off because I have the heat risers. The heat risers will not fit past the alternator with it on.
If you do not have heat risers then the alternator should not have to come off. BUT you want the heat risers. That extra heat helps atomize the fuel and stop icing.

In fact I have done some other things just to get more heat to my carb and manifold

Since I have aftermarket Exhaust I made this modification (works good)
http://www.3fowlers.com/images/photos/misc/heat risers.jpg

This seems to help when its real cold also. Now I have heat coming from both sides I just do not have a Pic of it
http://www.3fowlers.com/warmairintake.html

I have a Weber 32/36 progressive on a 1641 cc. A definite improvement over the stock Solex. I had the generator off anyway, and I also had to switch out the fuel pump to get clearance for the Weber manifold. And yes, stick with the genuine Weber...

Found a good sub

Going to a single weber on my trike. Type one, dual port, stock motor. Running dual 34epc's now. Everybody says go to weber so here goes. Looking for opinion on size and where to buy. Also how much trouble is it to put the manifold on for the single carb. Does the alternator have to come off.

When I was building my sand rail I went to a Pinto carb 34/36 progressive got it on eBay 40 bucks rebuilt and it is a weber made for ford works great also same bolt pattern

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png