NE Rally 2016 ?

If I can get us a reasonable rate we can do Thurs, Fri Sat and breakfast Sun. If people want we can do mid week. Ok With me. Better room rates , less traffic ... Wed. Thurs , Fri. farewell breakfast Sat . Any one want to comment on that one ? Right now it is a clean sate.

The "farewell on Sat" idea might be good for those on a schedule (such as back to work on Mon). If there were a weather issue, it would still give you Sun as a cushion to get home. If not, you'll be home Sun to be rested for the Mon grind.

Of course for the fortunate, retired folks, none of this matters... :D

It it is local to here

I can do like I did last time. I know I got accosted for my roll. Did any stop and wonder were the money came from to buy $300 worth of raffle prizes. Why the buffet was only $18. How we end up with trophies every year, even the TShirts needed a little help.
I subsidized it. If it is close to here and I don't have to travel I put money out to enhance the rally. I will be talking to a few area restaurants to see if we can have the whole place to our selfs. I we can get 50 or more this year I think we can swing it. Not sure of anything at this moment. Not even locking in a date.
Stay tuned.

I can do like I did last time. I know I got accosted for my roll. Did any stop and wonder were the money came from to buy $300 worth of raffle prizes. Why the buffet was only $18. How we end up with trophies every year, even the TShirts needed a little help.
I subsidized it. If it is close to here and I don't have to travel I put money out to enhance the rally. I will be talking to a few area restaurants to see if we can have the whole place to our selfs. I we can get 50 or more this year I think we can swing it. Not sure of anything at this moment. Not even locking in a date.
Stay tuned.
We had a great time the last time you had it there and really appreciated all that you did. It's not your fault the gathering room got burnt. If it's this year, all we can make is Saturday and Sunday as Cynthia starts school the last week of August. (4th grade teacher) If it's next year, Thursday-sunday works best. Let me know if it's this year as I don't check this site every day and can't access the internet from my phone.
Thanks

Not too many places up here offer a $60.00 to $80.00 room for sure, and with all the private schools, the few that we have get busy during the end of summer with kids going back. Most of these families are from out of state so my questions is how far north of $100.00 is everyone comfortable with.

The Litchfeld Inn is nice, a few people stayed over night there on the way to the Vt rally and got a real good rate but not sure if that is available again for next year. An old hotel is being renovated now right downtown into a Best Western, close to a lot of things but not sure if it will be ready then.

Are the dates open also for discussion, maybe tweeking the dates will help with pricing, but don't forget later in September is leaf peeping season around here too.

I just had a talk with The Boss and we're all in for a rally/gathering/roundup/
trike-in/ 😆 at Torrington CT. We both really enjoyed the last one in that area. We vote for the Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat days.

Suggestion...like someone said earlier, you might want to redo the thread title to the "2017" date. I almost missed the thread because I thought it was for 2016.

2017 rally

Just in case people are only looking at this thread, right now the hotel of choice is The Hotel Vienna (www.thehotelvienna.com) in Windham, NY. It has 30 rooms some with two beds so it is important that I lock the week we want down. I have seen the schedules for this hotel and the other one I looked at and they fill up very quickly.

This hotel is willing to keep the rooms blocked off for us until next July but before I even set this up, it would be nice to have a show of hands to how many people will go. If we need more than 30 rooms, I will ask them if they can offer suggestions for other hotels in the area. In Vt, the owner of the GGI secured additional rooms for the same price. It's better to know now so the hotel can explore this option if we need it.

I'm going to be back there this weekend and was planning on going back there to take some pictures and lock down the time frame. Right now we can get the two weeks before labor day or the week after I believe. If I can get some response before Friday it would be great.

When did we switch from Torrington, Ct. to New York?

The problem with Torrington is lack of a decent hotel. The hotel that hosted the last Torrington rally has gone downhill and now has been downgraded from a Quality Inn to a Rodeway Inn, in fact Bozo has been there recently and mentioned it was not good.

We only have one decent hotel in this area but the average daily rate is going to be $289.00 to $319.00 a night, breakfast is extra. That was our first choice as Seabiz stayed there one night when we did the rally in VT and the cost was under $100.00. It just happened to be a slow week for them but they won't go lower even with a group. Other than those two, the next option is one other flea bag hotel here in town and a few smaller hotels out of town.

This area caters to the bed and breakfast crowds and are smaller 2 to 5 room places. There is a larger hotel in Lakeville but very high end and caters to the private school crowd and Lime Rock race track.

The Windham/Hunter area are big ski areas so they have the hotels with enough rooms but it's a mix of full service all inclusive hotels that cater to the summer crowds from the city or the smaller inns closer to the slopes.

I also looked into the western Mass area as well but less options for hotels.

The Catskills seem to be a central spot for everyone also and not far from major highways.

Last edited:
It really is an easy get to from any place. Even if you don't want to travel any highways. The lower states can even come up easily with out a major highway. Not a lot of traffic and some of the best ridding in the East .
And it does look like a go ( min 10 trikes ) I hope 20. I will start rounding up raffle prizes and trophies. We will have group rides and a dinner or 2. And a closing ceremony with pictures. Have a friend talk them into coming. Old friend new friends. Let's ROCK

Count me in on this.. please let me know when this meeting will be going on..........'m new here and a new triker so I'm interestest to joining others

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie, you mistakenly replied in the 2016 thread. This will take you to the 2017 gathering thread (on the NorthEast page, it's in the section above where you originally replied).

Hi Ronnie, you mistakenly replied in the 2016 thread. This will take you to the 2017 gathering thread (on the NorthEast page, it's in the section above where you originally replied).

If any Gathering occurs yes please let me know ok? I'm new here, and only have maybe a few miles under my belt riding three wheels.:clapping:.BUT over 49 years riding two wheels..

I'd love to meet/greet others

Ronnie

As was said we are planning a 2017 NETT rally . Go to the thread and register. On one of the plastic rally's we had on rider with very little experience. At the end of the rally his riding improved 50% . Just following a asking questions.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png