Honda NEW tilting trike

nucseal

1000+ Posts
Jan 16, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Interesting

Honda Neowing unveiled at Tokyo Motor Show

750x422

The Japanese giant, by some measures the world's largest motorcycle company, will be showing showing off a three-wheeled motorcycle at the Tokyo Motor Show, as part of an exhibit that will include several other two- and four-wheeled concept vehicles. The Neowing, which Honda says "offers the cornering feel and sporty ride equivalent to a large-size motorcycle while realizing excellent stability," will be powered by a hybrid combination of a 4-cylinder gasoline engine and a second electric motor.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-honda-neowing-trike-20150930-story.html

Not my cup-o-tea, but I'm sure they will probably sell a few....

Some mentioned to me (think it was the Spyderlovers.com forum) that the Can-Am Spyder is now outselling the Goldwing and all the other heavy touring bikes. I think Honda is starting to notice and may be looking to meet the challenge. That thing in the pic was called ugly but some will call it pretty and like the look... look at today's sport bikes; they are an abomination but young folks like the look. Remember, most Can-Am owners are... well older folks just like Goldwing trike owners and some of the Can-Am Spyder owners like the feel of a sporty vehicle.

You can say what you want but the Goldwing trike isn't really all that sporty. That engine looked like the 1200cc V-4 used in their CTX and that would be a huge sporty step up compared to a Spyder. Can-Am may have missed the mark with putting a 990cc V-twin in the Spyder up to 2014 as it is an older design Aprilla sport bike engine which needs to be revved to make any power. Once in the power band, it does OK but you must stay on the throttle. It feels like a mini-bike to a Goldwing rider taking a test drive. Can-Am must have figured this out somewhat and put a 3 cyl 1300cc in the newest models (Spyder RT and a sport model) but this engine is somewhat lacking in torque compared to an 1800cc Honda engine.

I suspect the V-4 that Honda is putting into that 3 wheeler makes considerably more power than the Can-Am and since the Can-Am price point is now $30K, Honda can build and sell their version with some room for profit I think.

when you say tilting does this mean that the front wheels will actually tilt some at cornering? the one thing I don't like is there are NO smooth line to the bike, edges like that might be good for stealth planes but they look like crap on a bike.

I think its pretty badass looking and I'm a geezer.:xzqxz: No storage in the front and this model at least doesn't look to have the comfort for 2 up riding compared to the spyder RT/ Good to see more choices coming to market....and lets see if Honda actually brings this one to the masses.:Shrug:

Honda Reliability... That alone will sell.... And parts availability... You won't hear;
The part you need is on back order... Like some other reverse trike..

If you all have seen the " TRANSFORMERS" movie that comes out every year; there is a bike that is used, that looks just like it! and it was the Japaneze that produce the movies.. :Coffee: just a thought......

By incorporating the word "wing" into its new Neowing concept trike, Honda is subtly but obviously making an attempt to draw as broad an interest as possible, but fails to deliver what current wing riders are looking for. Instead, this machine will attract the younger hipster crowd, many who have not or would not normally be the typical motorcycle buyer and Honda may just be playing it right in that regard as they are creating a whole new market, which to a large extent is what Can Am has done with the Spyder.

First of all this thing TILTS, leaning through curves, so that in itself raises the cool factor by 10 and some will buy it for that feature alone. Second, it is described by Honda as being equipped with electric motors (note the "s" on the end of motor?) so it is a true gas/electric hybrid which should attract the greenies by the droves, you know the folks who buy stuff they don't really need in an attempt to be seen as politically correct energy conservationists, the same folks who are lining up to pay $140,000 for a Tesla Model X, the new gull-winged electric SUV that can go a whopping 200 miles between charges.

Is there a market for a single seat, hybrid, reverse sport-trike? Maybe. Will it make any dent at all in the touring trike market? Not a chance.

I am an old geezer too. 75yrs old. Except for the no storage and no passenger, I think this is a cool, mean joe green, version. I like it for the look, but not for me.

For me and the wife, the sensations felt in turns required the most adaptation. I am wondering, with the machine now leaning in the turn would the sensations be the same as a two wheeler?

Would like to see Honda develop a 2.0 liter flat six engine with one of their dual clutch automatics behind it. As for the looks of that trike thing,I'm not sure if I like it or not.

The only reverse trike that I really like is the T-Rex with either a Ninja 1400 or BMW 1600 engine.

Can you say Butt Fugley..... I'm waiting for the first high side accident from this short wheel base slider, and yep they'll be sliding these sideways as soon as they get some slick tires for this style of racing. Yikes!!! Not my skin on the line....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png