Idea's to quiet down exhaust on my 2011 Voyager w/ CSC Kruze trike kit

looks like you will also get a 5 year warranty on
your unit. all sold in 2016 will get this according to csc.
still waiting to hear how you like it.

Don't know by chance how many baffles you have in your exhaust? 12 is what they start with. Don't know why mine was so loud....

Don't know by chance how many baffles you have in your exhaust? 12 is what they start with. Don't know why mine was so loud....

I'm sure there are 12 in there, we didn't mess with them.

Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, muffler sound is evaluated by our ear. I've identified my ears as being made from tin so that may be a contributor the beauty or lack of as you and I listen to our trikes. My son rides a Honda VTX 1800 that sports a set of V&H pipes. I can't stand to ride behind him because of the ugly sound that comes from those pipes. They snap and are high pitched. Ouch! Our deep rumble is pleasant to my ear, like I think a motorcycle should sound. OOOPS maybe that's the problem? ;)

I sought out 2 independent opinions on my pipes today. 1st was my wife, she may be bias but she'll tell me the truth rather than what she thinks I want to hear. 2nd was my sister who fits the same voracity test and who is very bias against riding. Both said the pipes are quiet. In fact sis said; "not nearly as loud as I thought they were going to be."

When we meet up on the road someday we can compare pipes and maybe agree to disagree. Who knows?

IMG_1523.jpg

looks like you will also get a 5 year warranty on
your unit. all sold in 2016 will get this according to csc.
still waiting to hear how you like it.

The short answer is; "I've got the triker GRIN!" :D

As noted in a post above, the pipes sound wonderful to me. I got to do a short ride on a sister to my trike that is on consignment at the conversion shop a few weeks ago. That got me over the initial goof ups and let me know what to expect. I was still a bit shaky on the way home but getting better with every mile. We had 20 - 25 mph winds all day. Didn't go crunch in the gas station and didn't put my feet down when I wasn't supposed to. Must have been a good day!

The warranty bonus from CSC was unexpected. I'll take it!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png