Air Intake Plenum Break

I was on my way to physical therapy but was able to get home. Broke in 2 pieces. I was able to get part number(s) from previous posts, so THANKS Trike Talk members !! :clapping:

Stallion hose 9-21-2017.jpg

Well folks, I got up to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, rode for a day and later that afternoon a few of us were leaving for dinner, I made it out of the parking lot and Bingo, my air plenum broke in half. Sputter Sputter luckily through the traffic light into a parking lot. Even more luck is the Advance Auto about 75 yards away. Bought the flex tubing, adapter and was back in business in 30 minutes using only a Phillips screwdriver! Someone up there was looking after me that day! Thank you Lord. I very easily could have been out on one of our mountain rides with no where to pull over. I have been checking that regularly after reading about others having the part break and it has always looked good. For all others out there, if you have anything other than the '13 Stallion, it behooves you to fix it now and not break down on the road. $30 now or towing parts and labor Later! Tomg

Well folks, I got up to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, rode for a day and later that afternoon a few of us were leaving for dinner, I made it out of the parking lot and Bingo, my air plenum broke in half. Sputter Sputter luckily through the traffic light into a parking lot. Even more luck is the Advance Auto about 75 yards away. Bought the flex tubing, adapter and was back in business in 30 minutes using only a Phillips screwdriver! Someone up there was looking after me that day! Thank you Lord. I very easily could have been out on one of our mountain rides with no where to pull over. I have been checking that regularly after reading about others having the part break and it has always looked good. For all others out there, if you have anything other than the '13 Stallion, it behooves you to fix it now and not break down on the road. $30 now or towing parts and labor Later! Tomg

Glad you made it back on the road again'

I paid $122. for an oem replacement. Later on I surfed around and I think a turbo boost adapter would work fine. Any size combo is available.

AMAZON SPECTRE PERFORMANCE choose from 4 colors BLUE < RED >Black> Chrome

Blue P/N 8746

RED P/N 8742

Black P/N 8741

Chrome P/N 8748

i bought the red then found the other colors so i have the chrome as a spare now...

Hey Tom, I'm in Nashville and we're going to head Knoxville tomorrow. Are you still up that way? I know a great BBQ place south of Knoxville along the river. Rick

The old saying, you can lead a horse to water but can make them drink the water! Well how many times do we have to tell you that if you have not replaced the plenum, DO IT NOW!!! I went to Biketoberfest and come across 2 Stallions (different places) that had broken plenums and one had the heater plug/cap split and leaked his fluids out! Both of these items have been discussed several times on this site. Both parts look perfectly good until they break so why not take the time and change them so you don't get stranded somewhere.

tomg

One was a couple who live in Kentucky and somewhere in the middle of Florida so I guess you can say Snowbird who said they go on the site occasionally . I told them all the info they needed is there. The other I was ready to ring his neck as I had to get the parts and install them before we left their house to ride! He had assured me that he changed the plenum on his wife's Stallion after we got back front Tennessee a year ago! Tom

Hello

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone knows what vehicle the plenum tube came from orginally, someone said they got an oem tube was that from tbs or parts store.

Thanks

Dragon

I replaced mine about three years ago, when it failed it acted the same as Ted mentioned in the first post. The new OEM part from TBMS was $123. and change. A trike shop near here had to order it and drop shipped it to me.

Good Morning fellow trainers

I did the above fix for my beast, but i really did not like the look of it.

got these online 90 degree 3 inch$16.99,3 inch reducer from 3 to 2.75 $11.99 and stainless steel joiner $7.99 and i added a new air filter $45.

They are silicone

20210511_083737.jpg20210511_075352.jpg20210511_075409.jpg20210511_095831.jpg

don" know why they are upside down. I cut 1.25 inches off one end of 90 and it sits

just like the old one did. comes in red, black, robin egg blue

Dragon

Good Morning fellow trainers

I did the above fix for my beast, but i really did not like the look of it.

got these online 90 degree 3 inch$16.99,3 inch reducer from 3 to 2.75 $11.99 and stainless steel joiner $7.99 and i added a new air filter $45.

They are silicone

View attachment 99020View attachment 99021View attachment 99022View attachment 99023

don" know why they are upside down. I cut 1.25 inches off one end of 90 and it sits

just like the old one did. comes in red, black, robin egg blue

Dragon

good job chuck. where did you purchase the items?

3D Printer makes parts just find a Tech School

I have been told some Tech Schools have classes for 3D printing of all kinds of things including auto parts such as the parts being discussed. Just call around in your area to the Tech schools and inquire.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gdow5150
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png