• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Post Your Indian Trike Pictures Here

Thank you. The guy that used to do all my pinstriping, Steve Cox, has moved to Big Springs and is now semi-retired. Lewisville is a lot closer. I'm going to try to contact Wayne.

He'll remember the Blue Diamond. It was his very first done thru Big Tex Indian. It got him more jobs as a result too. As if he needed more.:Shrug:

Thank you. The guy that used to do all my pinstriping, Steve Cox, has moved to Big Springs and is now semi-retired. Lewisville is a lot closer. I'm going to try to contact Wayne.

Geeezzz--- Steve Cox.
Haven't heard that name in a while.
He pinstriped my 1982 Honda Silverwing Interstate 500 at the New Mexico rally in Ruidoso in 1983. Used to see him at all the Texas and New Mexico rallies. He pin-striped the ex-husband's '81 Gold Wing at the same time. I saw that bike a few years ago - someone had tried to remove the pin-striping but you could still see the image clearly - only the paint was gone. After the Silverwing I never pin-striped another bike - always afraid of re-sale value - that someone might not like the pin striping I chose. I've seen a lot of pin stripe jobs that were not my taste but some are just drop-dead gorgeous! Carla

Geeezzz--- Steve Cox.
Haven't heard that name in a while.
He pinstriped my 1982 Honda Silverwing Interstate 500 at the New Mexico rally in Ruidoso in 1983. Used to see him at all the Texas and New Mexico rallies. He pin-striped the ex-husband's '81 Gold Wing at the same time. I saw that bike a few years ago - someone had tried to remove the pin-striping but you could still see the image clearly - only the paint was gone. After the Silverwing I never pin-striped another bike - always afraid of re-sale value - that someone might not like the pin striping I chose. I've seen a lot of pin stripe jobs that were not my taste but some are just drop-dead gorgeous! Carla

Carla,I met Steve at our World of Wheels car show, in 1985. He did some work on my highly modded 79 CBX. From then on, when we built another hotrod bike at the shop, he was the only one I trusted to do the pinstriping on them. To each his own but I do not care for garish pinstriping that I see on a lot of touring machines. The old-school style of Von Dutch is my preference.

Steve did both of those bikes in the Von Dutch like style. They were simple flowing/wavy lines - not as intricate as some of the styles. What we should not have had him add were our names and home town on the trunks. But, that was all the rage back then and in the heat of the moment we never anticipated selling them. Interestingly enough, that was how I was able to ID that old bike - could plainly see our names and home town on the trunk.

I just got off the phone with Wayne Nolan, in Lewisville. His shop is only a couple of hours away from here so I may drive down there some morning and let him do a few licks of the brush on our trike's trunk lid.

Thanks for the referral,HC.

Glad I could help Clint. I wasn't sure about pin-striping my new Indian but it needed something to highlight the lines and not be just another Indian out there. Nolan seemed to know what old school was so turned him loose. My only instruction was no more than needed. Colors and actual design was up to him. Then I sat back with crossed fingers. As you can see, I don't mind suggesting him. If I was the least bit dissatisfied I wouldn't let his name out. Looks like that Blue Diamond is still getting him work. That's good. He really does do good work. But he's an artist and does not like being pushed. I saw him refuse to work on one guys bike for that very reason. He felt pushed so walked away. So just a word of warning there Clint.

Wayne definitely remembered you and your bike,HC. I think he and I will get along, fine. We've crossed paths a few times and have a few mutual acquaintances. However, if we can't agree on what I want done, I'll wish him well and ride back home.

Some of us Wichita Falls HOG members will be riding over to the Longhorn Cafe in Bowie, for breakfast, on Sunday morning. Sherry and I are thinking about riding along.

Really! It's been awhile since I had breakfast there. If you get here fairly early I might show up just to meet you. But I'm an early bird and do have to get back to my cows and work them. Time for branding the newborns.:AGGHH:

EDIT: Crud. My wife just reminded me that I have surgery this morning on my ankle/leg. AGAIN! 8th one.

- - - Updated - -

A pinstriper from Hummlestown, Pa. Her name is Hot Rod Jen. The pictures don't do it justice, she did an outstanding job.

Sorry to bring up such an old post but after you gave credit to Hot Rod Jen I decided to look her up. Found lots of very nice work on Facebook. Looks like she stays very busy.

Well I have this on layaway and will pick up in April. It's not a trike obviously but after looking over and comparing costs and looks..........If I can swing it, this could have a beautiful Hannigan Sidecar added. I really need a Sugar Momma LOL

Attachments

• Indian.jpg
    Indian.jpg
    757.7 KB · Views: 396
2000 Gilroy Indian Chief Trike

Hi, I recently finished building my 2000 Indian Chief from a kit I purchased from ChiefTrikeRentals.com of Miami, FL. I did the body and electrics and my friend installed the suspension, Eurowing Reverse & exhaust. I had custom 80 spoke wire wheels made by Dayton and also installed a set of Mid-Steps and Love Jugs. I’ll add pictures if I can figure out how to do it later but I sure enjoy your site.

Looks great.
awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

That "swoopy mother" is out of sight! It makes my Harley Tri Glide Ultra look like a brick:p The only concerns that linger are who takes responsibility for what, when, and/or if something breaks on the trike? I have heard horror stories of manufacturers' finger pointing where nobody wants to take responsibility for repairs since it is a hybrid machine.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png