Post Your Indian Trike Pictures Here

Just finished assembly today at All Solutions Trikes. Can hardly wait to take it out.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. This was a big step for me and I'm sure there will be some refinements made after I get rolling.

My intent is to send it to Florida for this winter and do a shakedown cruise which will tell me what refinements, if any, need to be made. Initially I will be looking at range (MPG), refueling issues, heat and handling. There could easily be more tweaks since these are essentially full custom builds and an absolute labor of love.

My neighbor has a nice non-triked Harley FLHTCU and we are planning on participating in [FONT=&quot]Rolling Thunder XXXII [/FONT]next Memorial Day weekend.

Anyone having interest in that event can check it out at this link. https://www.rollingthunderrun.com/. It would be great opportunity for our trike friends to join in.

Absolutely gorgeous trike Tomas :clapping:

That would be the color of choice for me as well...if I had the pleasure of having one

Let us all know how them shakedown rides go ThumbUp

thanks paws but Iconsidered it as a work in progress

It started as a 2016 Road master then we added a motor trike kit. Then came more complaints about the motor trike kit. It was even installed by a trained dealer. ( I found out, this was the first time they had installed a motor trike on a Indian.) but that's ok we all got to learn,,,

But my biggest complain was it wouldn't turn and even after I was told by the factory it didn't need its neck raked and the dealer swore he had rode it and it was perfect... They both lied. We took it out for a ride, rode it two blocks darn near got killed as it wouldn't turn. Took it back. dropped another grand, had the neck raked. now it handles better. got most of the bugs out of it and its starting to be fun to ride.

Now back to figuring out weather to gut the cat , add a fuel management system and different air filter, that should run about another grand or go for the love jugs fans, or both .

but I'm still liking it ever time we get it out.

Some thoughts on Rake and general newbie Trike stuff

It started as a 2016 Road master then we added a motor trike kit. Then came more complaints about the motor trike kit. It was even installed by a trained dealer. ( I found out, this was the first time they had installed a motor trike on a Indian.) but that's ok we all got to learn,,,

But my biggest complain was it wouldn't turn and even after I was told by the factory it didn't need its neck raked and the dealer swore he had rode it and it was perfect... They both lied. We took it out for a ride, rode it two blocks darn near got killed as it wouldn't turn. Took it back. dropped another grand, had the neck raked. now it handles better. got most of the bugs out of it and its starting to be fun to ride.

Now back to figuring out weather to gut the cat , add a fuel management system and different air filter, that should run about another grand or go for the love jugs fans, or both .

but I'm still liking it ever time we get it out.

Really sorry to hear your installer was a rookie.

Here are few things I've learned that might make your journey a little smoother going forward. The Motor Trike uses a 5.5 degree rake and FWIW my CSC Power Trak is 6 Degrees with over 2” of trail reduction. I think that's probably pretty comparable. I added the Power Trak rake to my build and found my trike is so comfortable and easy to handle that it is possible to zone out; and as you know that can be fatal. That's not the bikes fault, but it is actually a compliment to CSC and their builder, Hall of Fame Trikes, in Louisville, Ohio. I would not want to ride any trike from any builder that hasn't been raked. It's a bitch trying to handle one in the unraked mode, and that's times 10 on a long ride.

I can actually take curves (think freeway type cloverleaf) at high speed and it handles perfectly. Sadly I'm a crippled old geezer and I have to remind myself to behave, because that trike will do more than I should do while keeping safety at the top of my mind.

There is something else you might want to keep in mind as you get acquainted with your trike. If your trike has an electric trunk lid as mine does.... Those things draw a very small charge even when the trike is off and if you're sitting idle for more than a week or two the battery can run down. In the season when we are riding every week it's no big deal but let that thing sit for 2 weeks and you could wind up with a dead battery. I made it my practice to just plug in the battery tender when the bike cools down after a ride. Some guys will disconnect the inline fuse as an alternative.

I also fully understand your comment about hot, hot, hot. That air cooled beast really throws off the heat and in my case as long as I keep moving it's no big deal even on a 90 degree day. But, if I get stuck in traffic OMG; my jewels are getting toasted. Some folks have installed Captain Itch heat shields and I'll be looking into them as well. https://captain-itch.com/product-ca...n-crotch-coolers-heat-shields/touring-models/

My gas mileage in trike mode isn't real great. On the highway I'm averaging 28 MPG and that means I will be looking into an auxiliary tank system in 2020 because I will need better range than I am getting now.

So far, and I'm only in my first season, I haven't had any mechanical issues with my Indian/CSC and the biggest adjustment for me is to remind myself I'm on a trike now and that bit about leaning to turn on a 2 wheeler doesn't apply here. After 40 years of leaning it's kind of ingrained so this old dog is making the necessary adjustments.

Keep the shiny side up my friend and safe travels.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png