This Lil Piggy

Saltywheels

Oct 14, 2009
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Hah! Who says good deals ain't around? Just bought a barely used Piggybacker from fellow Kalifornian, Don, aka Bajacamper. Great trip up the California coast on the Pacific Coast Highway (Cabrillio Highway) all the way from Los Angeles to Monterey. Plan was to stop overnight at San Simeon (Hearst Castle). But the lure of the open-road (read 60 miles of twisties) beckoned us on. Wifey said we should go for it...so we did. Surprised poor ole Don. He was expecting us on Saturday, not on Friday evening. Anyway, bought this great little trailer from him & drove back on Sunday. Total trip 720 miles. Had to keep checking back to make sure 'Lil Piggy' was still following us. Lotta space with little fan-fare. And now for a nice coat of Honda Red & she'll be the belle of the Kalifornia Freeways!! Check out the Garage for a few pics we almost forgot to take!!

I have a PiggyBacker that I pulled from PA to LA and back 2 years ago and never knew it was back there. Great trailer for the price. Does everything the expensive ones will and left me a lot of extra money for bling! :yes:

I painted mine last summer. The most important thing I can tell you to do is prep it properly. I had problems with the primer peeling off the fenders in less than 24 hours after being painted. You really need to scuff everything up thoroughly so that the primer sticks to the plastic. There is no fiberglass there it is all plastic. For less than $1000.00 total invested in trailer and all the paint, I have a trailer that is color matched to my Wing.

Thks mate. That is exactly what I was afraid of. Plastic & paint are not a match made in heaven! Who knows, maybe I'll get it done professionally?? Really appreciate the feed back. Did you add the 3rd brake light? I have. Will send you some pics, ONCE I get Lil Piggy all gussied-up in 03 Red ( what ever the official color name might be!). rgds:yes:

Thks mate. That is exactly what I was afraid of. Plastic & paint are not a match made in heaven! Who knows, maybe I'll get it done professionally?? Really appreciate the feed back. Did you add the 3rd brake light? I have. Will send you some pics, ONCE I get Lil Piggy all gussied-up in 03 Red ( what ever the official color name might be!). rgds:yes:

I did not add the third brake light yet. I have been thinking about trying to use a Gold Wing trunk spoiler/brake light on top of the lid. Look in my profile in the pinstripe album there is a picture of my Pig hooked to my bike pre-trike.

Don't know if it would help. I found a paint in a rattle can called Krylon, I think, at Wally World. ( about $6.00 a can ) It is made for painting lawn furniture (plastic ) I used it as a primer and it has been on now for 5 years no peeling. Took 2 cans to cover it .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluffy
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png