best carry caliber

wiredgeorge

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
Most that carry carry for self defense. Many carry compact handguns that are light for their ease of carry. Some of us do not. What type and caliber do you prefer? Do you carry a backup and if so, what type/caliber?

I prefer the one that I have on me at the time. No, not a smart a answer. There isn't really a wrong one to carry. I don't want to be shot by a 22 short.

I carry most of the time 9mm or 38 spec+P. 45ACP at times. Just depends on what/where/how etc.

.40cal S&W Sig P239....

Two barrel Cobra derringer .38cal wad-cutters on my ankle..

8~\o

Bond Arms, 410 in one barrel and 45 long in other. S&W Bodyguard 380 with lazier sight. Bond Arms has a cross draw holster.

Attachments

• bond.jpg
    bond.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 850
  • FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 715
I carry an 1911 in a Crosstuck holster. A little heavy but I like the idea of a .45ACP round vs smaller caliber plus it is a slow round and won't penetrate much as far as walls are concerned so the chance of shooting someone behind a wall by accident is minimized. I don't use it for home defense. I do carry a NAA stainless 22mag 5 shot revolver in my pocket as a backup. The little soft holster it is in keeps it from printing.

Have a 12ga 7 shot police pump and an AR15 with iron sights and a laser. We live in a very rural area and target acquisition at night is hampered by fancier sights and I can't afford a good night sight.

Depends on where where I'm going and what I'm wearing. I switch between a .380, a 1911 .45, or a small .32. I'm rarely unarmed and keep a weapon within reach even when home.

In the warmer months (near all year down here), since I usually wear only a pocket-T & jeans, a little KelTec P3-AT in .380 has duty. If wearing a jacket, Taurus Millenium Pro in .45 ACP does the job.

Kinda looking for a 9MM (can't have too many arms) I really like KelTecs PF9, just slightly larger than their .380.

I've always been a fan of wheel guns, and have a ... few. I have carried a little S&W model 36 in .38sp. A very smooth operator, it's just a little wide & will print when you don't want it to.

9mm is a bit large to carry concealed but still do at times if dressed in bulky clothes. also have Kahr CW40 and will be looking to get a S&W M&P after vacation...caliber still undecided

Depends on where I am going. I usually carry my Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag but sometimes carry a Ruger LCR-X in .38+P for something more lightweight. I am a revolver fan as you can see (from my Cowboy Action shooting days). My brain is just too conditioned to using a wheel gun and I am a believer in using what comes natural.

Depends on where I am going. I usually carry my Ruger SP101 in .357 Mag but sometimes carry a Ruger LCR-X in .38+P for something more lightweight. I am a revolver fan as you can see (from my Cowboy Action shooting days). My brain is just too conditioned to using a wheel gun and I am a believer in using what comes natural.
I too like wheel guns 10 years of c.b. action shoot'n I carry a American derringer-3" barrel, 45 long colt/410
magoo

Depends if I'm in the truck or on the trike. Either carry the Glock 27 in .40 or Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry 45 in the truck.
Now on the trike it's the Glock 42 in .380 or the Glock 43 in 9mm.

When I carry I usually carry a Ruger LC9s 9MM (see below)... A tad large, but it conceals pretty well either in a an ankle holster, shoulder holster, or on my hip under my riding jacket... Thinking about maybe a .380 like the Ruger LCP or the KelTec P3-AT...

Les

Attachments

• rsz_dscn0561.jpg
    rsz_dscn0561.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 414
A Ruger .380 while on the bike or truck.
a Ruger .32/357 special around the house
a Shotgun pump if I need bigger protection
A 227 long barrel rifle for those darn VarmontsThumbUp
and a Big Boxer Dog that will tear your leg off if I tell him too.:Coffee:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markh853
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png