Lifting Front of Goldwing Trike

Apr 11, 2010
HSV, AR
Mine is a 06 Goldwing with a Hannigan kit. Jacking up the rear is a piece of cake, using a floor jack under the pumpkin and sliding 2 jack stands under the rear frame, behind the wheels as they go up. When I get done (5 minutes time, max) the rear is rock solid with the rear wheels 6 inches off the floor. The front is another matter. Only place I can see to put the jack is under the center stand pivot. This also jacks up the front fine, however it does not leave room for a jack stand, or for the center stand to swing down. The only areas I can see to put a stand is under the engine block or the exhaust manifolds. How are you guys handling the front?

I roll the front tire up on a 2x4...
Then using the Sears Yellow jack I put it right under the engine case.

Be carefull not to jack on the oil filter.
Then if I'm working on the wheel I just leave it (the yellow jack has a locking mechanism). but if Im working on the rear of the bike I just slide a ramp under the front wheel, then pull the jack out...

So it is safe to jack up the front end by the engine case?

Iv had no prolem with it...
But lets ask for more details...
what model trike?
with or w/o running boards.

And"I" can only speak for using the sears yellow motorcycle jack seen below

But go to this link, there is a thread started by me some time ago that discusses this at length.
www.gl1800riders.com/.../showthread.php?t=146815

It's an 06 1800 with a Hannigan kit, full floorboards, kit weight adds about 320 to standard wing weight.

BTY, the link to your earlier post didn't work for some reason.

HANNIGAN TRIKE CONVERSION
GL1800 Honda Gold Wing

SPECIFICATIONS
Length w/Steer Lite installed ................117"
Wheelbase .........................................77"
Width ................................................61.5"
Height (to top of stock windshield)..........58"
Track width.........................................51"
Rear Tires (All Season Radial) ................15x185/65
Trunk .................................................7 cu. ft.
Custom Mag Wheels..............15x7 with 4x100mm bolt pattern 39mm offset

Base Conversion installed adds approximately 320 pounds to the stock Gold Wing

Yes I do it on the engine case Just be careful and pick a nice sooth spot and watch that oil filter. U can't use a ramp if you need the front wheel free to work on it .

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trtro
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png