Metzeler Front Tire on GL1800 Trike

Have not tried the 888, but currently have the Metzeler Lasertech rear mounted on the front. I have a little less than 2000 miles on it, so can't vouch for longevity, but the ride is great (seems all new tires run smooth), balanced with Ride-on, it's quiet and grips well.

I just liked the look of the classic tread pattern, and I've had good luck running Metzelers on my cruiser bikes, so I'm giving it a shot.

Are you aware Avon now has a trike specific front tire
clapping%20smilie.gif

keepinon, I'm also using the Rideon product, not many of us doing that. When my BT45 is done, I'll be giving this tire a try, no Avon for me. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/6158/i/michelin-pilot-activ-rear-tire

I looked at the BT45 & the MTA. I've had decent luck with the BS tires in the past, never tried any Michelin... that I can remember. :) I just saw the Metz on the back of a sport bike & liked the classic down the middle tread. Looked like it would shed water really well. When I found it was made in my size? I just had to try it.

On my former bikes, I had an issue with Avon tires on the front of a Valkyrie, early cupping & vibration. I always use Rideon & constant air checks, so I ruled out any fault on my part. Avon trike tires will have to run a lot of miles with a lot of good reviews before I try an Avon again.

And Rideon is the cat's meow! When I had the Metz installed, I rode it for about a week before I got my Rideon order & installed. I thought it was pretty smooth with no weights, but with the Rideon, there is absolutely no vibration in the 'bars. Love this stuff. I order the auto Rideon by the case, and use it in my pickups & autos & trike rears. I swear both products look & feel the same... but a call to Rideon said I should order the MC specific product. I think next time, I may try the auto style in the MC tire. :Shrug:

We are certainly on the same page, not sure how the auto specific Rideon would work in the m/c tire, but worth try, it certainly has worked as advertised for me. My purpose was the flat tire insurance, I get way out somewhere, a flat tire is the last thing I need. It is environmentally friendly now and washes away with water.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png