Conversion from regular Valkyrie to Interstate

Reaction score
I have a chance to buy a really nice Valkyrie, but I really want the Interstate. Could the regular Valkyrie be converted to an Interstate. If so how expensive and complicated would it be. Thanks in advance for the answers.

I have a chance to buy a really nice Valkyrie, but I really want the Interstate. Could the regular Valkyrie be converted to an Interstate. If so how expensive and complicated would it be. Thanks in advance for the answers.
quite expensive.
you would need a whole complete wiring harness
the I/s also has a bigger gas tank. used ones go for over a grand.
the fairing and gauge assembly alone would run you in the thousands.
then there would be the trunk. new one costs over 2 grand. used ones are going for 1 grand.
you would need to change the trigger wheel and add an I/s icm.
then the carbs would need to have the I/s springs installed. not a major job except for the wiring harness and gauge cluster.
you could add a woodies fairing to that standard for a reasonable cost.. but my guess even buying all the parts you would need used. you'd be looking at 5 grand in parts to convert.

How's that saying go? "Making a silk purse from a sow's ear?" No offense to anyone .. just think you'd be better off buying what you want, rather than buying something else and "transforming" it to want you want.

quite expensive.
you would need a whole complete wiring harness
the I/s also has a bigger gas tank. used ones go for over a grand.
the fairing and gauge assembly alone would run you in the thousands.
then there would be the trunk. new one costs over 2 grand. used ones are going for 1 grand.
you would need to change the trigger wheel and add an I/s icm.
then the carbs would need to have the I/s springs installed. not a major job except for the wiring harness and gauge cluster.
you could add a woodies fairing to that standard for a reasonable cost.. but my guess even buying all the parts you would need used. you'd be looking at 5 grand in parts to convert.
almost forgot.
you would need the i/s radiator because it is different from the standard.
i/s crash bar and pods if you plan on mounting then.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NILLA
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png