Stallion AC Compressor

Oct 30, 2010
Tampa, FL
Has anyone experienced or heard of the Stallion AC compressor locking up/seizing? My AC quit blowing cold air and when taken to an auto repair place I was told that the compressor has locked up.

dean I don't know much about your trike but a compressor that has leaked Freon/oil can,,, and often do lock up. I just changed the compressor on my motor coach as dash a/c hasn't worked since I bought it a couple years ago that compressor was locked up almost zero oil in it -system had a leak at condenser coil replaced o ring in fitting that fixed the leak.. it needed to have system flushed and new filter/dryer also. replacing filter/dryer and flushing sys. is always smart to do with this kind of failure ...
best of luck with your a/c
mike aka magoo

dean I don't know much about your trike but a compressor that has leaked Freon/oil can,,, and often do lock up. I just changed the compressor on my motor coach as dash a/c hasn't worked since I bought it a couple years ago that compressor was locked up almost zero oil in it -system had a leak at condenser coil replaced o ring in fitting that fixed the leak.. it needed to have system flushed and new filter/dryer also. replacing filter/dryer and flushing sys. is always smart to do with this kind of failure ...
best of luck with your a/c
mike aka magoo

Ya Mike, I found out the hard way, they need to be checked/serviced regularly.

Dean, We don't use the A/C much so I expect the seals dried out and caused the failure. I think if ours ever went out I would just have a replacement pulley fashioned in stead of fixing it. MJ just doesn't use it even here in south florida. Now the heat I have to keep working for her. She uses that when necessary on our trips.

Dean, We don't use the A/C much so I expect the seals dried out and caused the failure. I think if ours ever went out I would just have a replacement pulley fashioned in stead of fixing it. MJ just doesn't use it even here in south florida. Now the heat I have to keep working for her. She uses that when necessary on our trips.

Ted,

I hear you. We use the heat more than the A/C, but know I will have to fix it, sometime along the line, before I ever sell it.

I owned a stallion and on the way back from Eureka Springs in 2012 we had what we thought was a fire under the hood, but found out we cooked the belt because the air conditioning compressor seized up tight. It was under warrantee and Thoroubred Motorsports sent a new one to replace the one that broke. We had to pay for the towing charge ($186 and the labor to replace it ($267). We have sold the stallion and purchased the Renegade we have now.:pepper:

Just like about everything else!! Use it or loose it!! If you don't keep the seals moist by turning the a/c on once in a while it will break. Might also want to cycle your air compressor once in a while also so it doesn't freeze up.

Tom

We used the air conditioning from the day of purchase, and we were using the air conditioning when the compressor froze up. It actually was the clutch on the compressor that failed, but thoroubred Motorsports sent out the entire compressor unit. We had to pay to ship the broken one back to Texas or they would charge the cost of the new one on the credit card they demanded before they shipped the replacement. :xzqxz:

We used the air conditioning from the day of purchase, and we were using the air conditioning when the compressor froze up. It actually was the clutch on the compressor that failed, but thoroubred Motorsports sent out the entire compressor unit. We had to pay to ship the broken one back to Texas or they would charge the cost of the new one on the credit card they demanded before they shipped the replacement. :xzqxz:

I priced a compressor from TMS, thinking they may get a discount, but it was the same retail price FoMoCo gave me. I can get a much better deal from an auto repair shop.

Tom that was a Ford part not a TBMS. I think they did well by you. They did the best they could and sent you what they had. They returned the broke one to Ford for replacement or payment. I don't see a problem with that. It wasn't their part. It only cost you shipping one way.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semiringeye
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png