Major Milestone

clint44

Rider
Jun 3, 2011
tx
Today was my last day at work. After almost 42yrs with the same employer,tomorrow I will join the ranks of the retired. Needless to say,the thought of never having to work another day or night shift is exciting,though a little scary. Looking forward to "Every day being a Saturday!"

Congrats Clint !!!:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:
This is now YOUR time....You've worked a lifetime to get to this point, so make sure you enjoy every day. Stay busy and active doing what YOU want to do, and when you have those days when you want to do NOTHING.....well that's OK too !

RIDE MORE ;):cool: / RELAX MORE :vxtyaq::vxtyaq:

Big Congratulations. I tell my friends the only difference between working and being retired is, you continue to work all the time but with no pay. Staying busy is important, but just stay busy doing what you want to do. Jim

Congrats Clint!!!!!

Can't add much to what has already been said. I'm sure you and your bride will be taking plenty of trips so that will help keep you mind off that work stuff. Just keep active and you will be fine.. :xszpv::xszpv:

Congratulations Clint!!
It's getting to be a rare thing that people can retire from a company after that kind of longevity any more. What with closings and mergers and takeovers and an up and down economy. I was very fortunate to be able to retire from the fire department with 20 plus years. (should have been 25 but knees gave out before that)
I truely miss being "on the job". It's very true, the comments on staying busy, (and staying out from under the wife's feet!!). I have many projects (some may never be completed!) to keep me busy. Again, congratulations!!
Larry in East China Mi.

Conga-rats!!

latest

Congratulations Clint! Retiring is a major milestone for sure. You will enjoy it but as others have said stay busy. I have been retired for 5-1/2 years; retired at 61 after 31 years with the same company and 37 years in the same industry. Took awhile to get used to it, went back and did some consulting at my old company every once in awhile but now I have even got that out of my system. You will love the freedom of doing what you want when you want to!

Sunman

Congratulations Clint,

If you're like me you are going to love retirement. I've been retired going on 23 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I stay busy and ride as much as possible. Ride Safe. Doc ThumbUp

Congrats! Remember this (I can do that tomorrow) you will use those words a lot. It takes me all day to do what I used to do after work. Actually if I would have known I was going to like it this much I'd have done it 30yrs ago.ThumbUp

Atta boy Clint,Georgia and I will see you and Sherry in June, if not before. If there be a Tx get together in the spring we will see you there. Hope y'all have a very merry Christmas. (Rev & Georgia)

Congrats Clint, we retired 14 years ago and have not regretted it one bit. As others have said stay busy, it takes awhile to get dialed in to a sorta routine, I do not miss those 4:30 AM wake up buzzers, lol. I really hope you will enjoy the rest of your retirement time.

Thanks,Guys! It's going to be an interesting transition,that's for sure. Sherry and I are kinda still on our honeymoon,having only been married six years. She's already retired so we're really looking forward to spending even more time together. We share many passions;family,riding our trike,firearms,and traveling so I know there will be lots to keep us busy.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

hi Clint

it will take some getting use to. I was lucky and retired at 55 that was 20 years ago ( does not seem like it ) and I went thu it all. the first 5 years I worked my butt off. I guess I was use to having to get thing done be for I had to go back to work Monday.
I have never missed work, I did and still miss some of the people I worked with. but the bottom line is when you understand you are not going to starve to death, I CAN'T FIND ANY THING WRONG WITH IT. I do my fishing, shopping, and most of my traveling thur the week not on week ends. one thing you will wonder how you ever had time to work ( there is always some thing to do ) have fun and enjoy, you have earned it.
Marry Christmas

Hey Clint........keep your butt out of the recliner and stay busy as most others have said. Join a gym and keep yourself in shape or get in shape. You don't want to let inactivity bring on old age earlier than necessary. Congratulations on retiring. My biggest fear on retiring was giving up that weekly pay check. I decided it was better to walk out of work than be carried out feet first with a toe tag on. Again........congratulations!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Searcher
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png