• It appears that you have unread Personal Messages - Please check your inbox!

Stangas - Western Australia - 2011 Road King Lehman Renegade LSS

Reaction score
Stangas - Western Australia - 2011 Road King Lehman Renegade LSS

Hiya all..

Just joined your forum due to purchasing my old mans Harley after he passed away in March.
Great bloke and the family is back on track.

The old man's Harley is a 2011 Road King that he converted to a trike with the Lehman Renegade LSS kit. Looks absolutely awesome. I will get some pictures up as soon as possible.

This is my second Harley I have owned so I know the bikes. But this trike is a whole different world of riding. LOL

I live in Collie in Western Australia and the area is awesome for riding with lots of forest if you head south, desert if you head east and nothing much if you head north. It is beautiful country. But anyway..

I do have some issues after riding the bike for about 300kms.. hence joining a forum.

1) The engine feels extremely underpowered in the low revs when riding around town, as if geared too high. It really chugs when taking off, I need to ride the clutch and rev the engine to get the bike moving.. an no, the hand brake is not on.. LOL

I was thinking about lowering the final drive ratio by reducing the primary drive 1 tooth? Not even sure it is possible with the kit.
I'm pretty sure (find out next Friday) that the old man has chipped the engine already. I remember him talking about putting expensive cams in, but know it never happened.

2) Steering is very heavy on the open road and especially in town.. Not sure if this is normal, but have done some research and found if you increase the rake then steering gets lighter. Any suggestions or direction on what to do.. Do you know the angle? Know of any triple trees that are worthy?

Anyway, thanks for having me and I hope I can give back as much as I take in information

Hiya all..

Just joined your forum due to purchasing my old mans Harley after he passed away in March.
Great bloke and the family is back on track.

The old man's Harley is a 2011 Road King that he converted to a trike with the Lehman Renegade LSS kit. Looks absolutely awesome. I will get some pictures up as soon as possible.

This is my second Harley I have owned so I know the bikes. But this trike is a whole different world of riding. LOL

I live in Collie in Western Australia and the area is awesome for riding with lots of forest if you head south, desert if you head east and nothing much if you head north. It is beautiful country. But anyway..

I do have some issues after riding the bike for about 300kms.. hence joining a forum.

1) The engine feels extremely underpowered in the low revs when riding around town, as if geared too high. It really chugs when taking off, I need to ride the clutch and rev the engine to get the bike moving.. an no, the hand brake is not on.. LOL

I was thinking about lowering the final drive ratio by reducing the primary drive 1 tooth? Not even sure it is possible with the kit.
I'm pretty sure (find out next Friday) that the old man has chipped the engine already. I remember him talking about putting expensive cams in, but know it never happened.

2) Steering is very heavy on the open road and especially in town.. Not sure if this is normal, but have done some research and found if you increase the rake then steering gets lighter. Any suggestions or direction on what to do.. Do you know the angle? Know of any triple trees that are worthy?

Anyway, thanks for having me and I hope I can give back as much as I take in information

Welcome to the site! How far away are you from Kununurra?

Your 2011 RK should be geared 32/68. My suggestion would be to install a 30T front pulley. That should make a huge difference.

Your trike probably still has the original equipment bike triple trees. A pair of 5deg trike trees from Bazooka will give it "power steering".

Cheers all for the welcome.

as for Kununurra.. it is 3,400km north of where I am.. and still in the same state of Australia. LOL

I will look into the 30T sprocket.. after a bit of googling I think this is my answer.
And the raked triple tree also for the steering..

Cheers again

Had a good day today.. had the bike out

Also spoke to the bloke that put this rear end on and he reckons its a massive job changing this front sprocket.
Needs a new belt to get the tension right. Therefore the entire rear end needs to come apart. I can see what he means.
He quoted $1600

I think I will put up with the lack of bottom end for a while.. LOL.. or at least have a few beers and contemplate doing it myself

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the Lehman raked front end is already installed

New and interested in triking

Hello from Neenah, Wisconsin. Currently I don't have a trike but with age and old injuries getting up there I am giving it much consideration. My '86 Gold Wing is too old and I have a buyer in the spring I also have a 1300 VTX but think I may wish to leave that as is. Or get a large scooter for the city riding. I wouldn't trike a Wing because there's to much in the way to stretch out the legs.
I came here to try and learn some before I make a decision. The same as I've join a scooter site to learn if I want on of those. I'm retired now so I have time but not much money.
Just hoping this board is as nice as recommended and so far appears. I'm ready for some fun conversations as well.
Well have to say good night. Talk to you all later.

Had a good day today.. had the bike out

Also spoke to the bloke that put this rear end on and he reckons its a massive job changing this front sprocket.
Needs a new belt to get the tension right. Therefore the entire rear end needs to come apart. I can see what he means.
He quoted $1600
I think I will put up with the lack of bottom end for a while.. LOL.. or at least have a few beers and contemplate doing it myself

Look at the adjustment location and see where it's at in the adjustment range. If it's close to the front like mine is,changing to a 30T pulley will put it in the middle. If you don't need a longer belt,changing the pulley is about a three to four hour job.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glockjock
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png