Favorite wax or polish application

This subject is about as subjective as what engine oil is best, so here's my $.02 on it:
Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF. Stuff leaves a slippery feel to the surface like no other polish I've ever seen or used.
In between washings, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer gets the job done nicely...ThumbUp

Ohhhh Nooooo ... The "O" word ... :AGGHH:

I have been using FW1 High Performance Cleaning Wax.

It is a waterless wash and wax product. Cleans the plastic (windshield too), rims, mirrors, and chrome. Basically everything one can see on the trike.

Some guy was selling at a convenience store one day and I bought 2 cans. It is spray on, wipe on and wipe off at the same time. Easy Peasy. Has not filmed up my windshield on 2 of my trikes that I have owned.

Check out RGSLABS.COM for more info.

This subject is about as subjective as what engine oil is best, so here's my $.02 on it:
Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF. Stuff leaves a slippery feel to the surface like no other polish I've ever seen or used.
In between washings, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer gets the job done nicely...ThumbUp

I use Meguiar's product on everything I have. I have been showing cars, trucks and bikes for the last 30 years and their wax and detailer can't be beat. I carried the detailer with me on our western trip this summer(our 28 days) and it worked great for me.

detailjuice.com Magnum Motorcycle Juice.... stuff is awesome.... just like all the Detail Juice stuff... Garry Dean the owner even gives out his personal cell phone number on his videos and answers the phone himself if you need help or have an issue...

If Most guys are like me, They will have at least 5 different types of wax siting on their shelf ...
On the rare occasion, Or if i'm extremely bored and i get an overwhelming feeling that i have to wax my Trike then i will just grab the first can i can reach without knocking over something else' And use that... It's not the wax that makes a good wax job'' It's the hand applying it that makes the wax job good..;)
I am a southpaw so that explains a lot.....:D

Deputydawg is right about clear coats not requiring waxes (12-15 years) but they do slowly break down over time and waxing can slow that considerably. I've been waxing cars since the 60's and have yet to find one to stand up to car wash soap until just recently. It came recommended by a friend, had to order it from amazon: It's called Collinite No. 845 Insulator wax. Both times I've used it, it's stood up to 3 bike washings with car wash soap. It wasn't until the 4th wash that the water no longer beaded on the paint like when it had wax on it.

This wax is expensive @ $18.97 per pint but it is darned good wax. I've waxed the Tglide twice and haven't used 10% of the bottle yet.

Phu Cat

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PERuss
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png