better front fender

G

gerald martin

I have a 2015 Freewheeler. the front fender lets so much water and muck get thrown up on the motor that it I hard to keep clean. anyone know of a better fender

I installed a splash guard, to minimize the damage to the oil cooler. I wanted to keep the bob-tail look, and from the side, the guard is hardly noticeable.

Front #1.1024x768.jpg

Front #2.1024x768.jpg

Another route might be a Dyna Switchback front fender. I haven't measured the mounting holes, but it looks like it would fit. If you need a Superior Blue or Amber Whiskey fender, you could *probably* buy one direct through Harley Davidson.

I agree Gerald the stock fender does not look like it will give much protection from road debris , concerned about oil cooler . it looks exposed with short fender . I'm going to check with klock werks on their fender option , will keep you posted .

Another route might be a Dyna Switchback front fender. I haven't measured the mounting holes, but it looks like it would fit. If you need a Superior Blue or Amber Whiskey fender, you could *probably* buy one direct through Harley Davidson.

I was in my garage today, so I measured the mounting tabs on the Dyna and Freewheeler. They DO NOT fit on each others' forks. Sorry :Shrug:

That's going to look great when painted,Wayne. A 16" wheel & tire sure has a different look under that fender,than an 18".

That's going to look great when painted,Wayne. A 16" wheel & tire sure has a different look under that fender,than an 18".
Thanks Clint. I like the 18" wheel . I think the 16" gets covered too much by the rotors.This fender should provide a little more protection from dirt etc .

Just a thought ... maybe nothing ... I'd be careful changing too much of the front fender function ... the same changes you make to keep dirt and water off the engine might also deflect some of the cooling air to the engine ... I'm not an engineer, but that was my first thought

Just a thought ... maybe nothing ... I'd be careful changing too much of the front fender function ... the same changes you make to keep dirt and water off the engine might also deflect some of the cooling air to the engine ... I'm not an engineer, but that was my first thought

Do you believe a Freewheeler runs much cooler than a Tri Glide? It does have a much shorter front fender than a TG and also doesn't come with lowers.

I installed a splash guard, to minimize the damage to the oil cooler. I wanted to keep the bob-tail look, and from the side, the guard is hardly noticeable.

View attachment 32056

View attachment 32057

I like the splash guard. Did you get it through HD? How does it attach? From the pic I don't see any bolts or anything. Just curious.

What about a TG front fender- I think the slider part #s are the same so the mounting wouldn't be an issue. Would the difference in tire size be a factor?

Thanks Clint. I like the 18" wheel . I think the 16" gets covered too much by the rotors.This fender should provide a little more protection from dirt etc .

I agree. An 18" or 19" wheel under that fender would look awesome.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timetraveller
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png