Price Quote on a 2013 Stallion Trade In

Reaction score
I was thinking of trading my 2013 Stallion for a Goldwing trike with a Hannigan conversion. Below is the email from Southern Powersports in Chattanooga. I am still floored by his quote yet today.
First and foremost, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Chas Schaerer, and I am the Pre-Owned Sales Manager here at Southern Honda Powersports. The reason I am emailing you today is to discuss your trade evaluation on your 2013 Thoroughbred Stallion. Now, I understand that you do not feel like the $9,000 trade evaluation is a fair number, but I would like to explain a few things. First and foremost, I personally do the research on all units that are traded in at this dealership. Secondly, I am a trike expert and very familiar with Hannigan, Motor Trike (who makes the stallion), CSC, Champion, and many others. With that being said, I do not deal with stallions. We sell premium trikes and do not have the market for a stallion. I contacted multiple dealerships I have relationships with and the buy quote was $9,000. The stallion is a discontinued model, and they discontinued it because sales halted and there are now dealers with them that are having difficultly selling them. Not only that, parts will be discontinued by Thoroughbred Motorsports and that will significantly drop the book value of the unit as well. I am fully aware the majority of parts are in fact Ford parts, but being a power sports dealer, we are not set up with ford motors and will have no access to parts if anything needed repairs.

Advertise it on this thread and I'm sure you will get a buyer quickly. I don't understand why you would go from a trike that was designed to be a trike to a chopped up motorcycle. Chopped up motorcycles cannot keep up with a Stallion in handling the roads. I ride with goldwing wing conversions and went from a goldwing to the Stallion because I damaged my hand and no longer could twist a throttle. Yes the Stallion has some idiosyncrasies, but no more than other vehicles, and the support group here is the best when you need help. It is your decision, but I think I would sell the Stallion on your own, if you wish, and move on to another dealer that has your interests ahead of theirs. Rick

Let me be the first to say I think this guy is nuts! Yes I have a Stallion, it's an 08 and I would be upset if someone offered me 9,000.00 for it. The Stallion is no longer being made but with my experience with my Stallion I would buy another in a heartbeat. The Stallion I've seen on the internet have sold and they were listed in the mid 20's for a 13 model. This guy sounds like someone who doesn't really know about the Stallion and wants you to give him yours. Hope you can find someone that wants your Stallion and give it a good home.

Guys as much as we love our Stallions from a business point he probable is not that far out of line. Much of what he says is true. The Stallion is not produced, parts are going to get hard that are not FORD parts. (One reason when ever we can identify where a part came from we need to share it) Motor Trike will eventually run out of parts, we do not know what they stocked and they have been out of production just over 2 years now. How much demand is there for an out of production trike that only sold around 900 units to start with? The dealer is looking at it as how long will they be stuck with it til it sells? How much will they get for it?

The one thing he was wrong about but I can not prove it is that there are new ones out there that are un sold at dealers.

So as a seller I would go the route of selling it myself and see what I can get for it. My gut feeling is "13's" are worth in the mid $20k if you can find a buyer.

Those are the sorry facts as I see them. We love our Stallions and hey there still are STUDEBAKERS that people keep running.

Stallion

I went from a Harley, to a Goldwing Trike to a Stallion. I went to the Stallion for the same reason, bad hands. I have no complaints about the Stallion at all. I just prefer the Goldwing trike. I have advertised it on here for 6 months and have not gotten a single response,lol It's actually surprised me as I thought it would sell quickly. I would let it go for 27,000 in a heartbeat

I went from a Harley, to a Goldwing Trike to a Stallion. I went to the Stallion for the same reason, bad hands. I have no complaints about the Stallion at all. I just prefer the Goldwing trike. I have advertised it on here for 6 months and have not gotten a single response,lol It's actually surprised me as I thought it would sell quickly. I would let it go for 27,000 in a heartbeat
Not understanding why you want a GoldWingHannigan if you have bad hands?
Anyway, instead of insulting you, that dealer should have told you he simply doesn't want any Stallions as he's not set up to work on them!

Stallion

Having surgery on hands, will be good as new

Not understanding why you want a GoldWingHannigan if you have bad hands?
Anyway, instead of insulting you, that dealer should have told you he simply doesn't want any Stallions as he's not set up to work on them!

I stopped at this dealership in Chattanooga a little over a year ago just to look around, not even thinking about buying or trading. I was in my car and I mentioned to the salesman that I had a Stallion at home. He had never heard of one, didn't know anything about them. I described it as best I could, Ford Ranger drivetrain, etc. He was all ears and seemed to be impressed.

Having surgery on hands, will be good as new
first thing first
hope all go's well with hand surgery ,,,
best of luck with selling your trike -there is a following for them and some one wants one just like yours!! hope you find him/her sooner than later!!
magoo

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png