great newyears thanks to power company road crew!!

Dec 14, 2012
washington il.
well its winter in IL. and three days ago we had a lot of snow/ice build up on trees and high winds from the east??-not normal to get winter winds from east but 40,000 or so had no power after it including us!!. I powered house and our well with on coach genny !!
we had a large wild cherry tree blow down across drive along with our high voltage feed wires to transformer pole
well I cut the downed tree a couple feet away from wires so we could get out to get some much needed Mexican food!!
anyway yesterday the road crew from power company stopped by and said they needed to cut our supply wires to our transformer to get all the main road transformer powered so they could get power to 80 homes down the road huh?? so I asked how long before we get power he said he didn't know a local crew would get to us as soon as they could,, so crew chief is walking down to house with me to look at our power poles- they were both at about a 45 degree tilt!! he asked "how did you get the limp did you fall on all this ice"?? I said "no got the limp in vietnam in 68 cold weather just brings it out"!! he said "well I don't think the poles are broken at base just pulled over by the tree falling-good thing the ground wasn't frozen yet" I nodded he said" is that a blue bird coach over there"? I said "yes he said they are nice motor homes" and started back up the drive to cut h.v. wires to my transformer pole. he said "I hope you get your service going soon" I thanked him and said "well last time we didn't get power for a couple weeks, out of site out of mind I guess,,,stop by if you need a cup of coffee or something"!! I went back to work........ in about 30 minute's he returned with 2 pole trucks and 2 crews:clapping: he said "I think your local crews will be along soon but we got a little time so we'll start on your work" about 1-1.5 hours later our poles and service wiring were repaired!! turned out the second pole to well house is not their pole its mine huh?? they helped me straighten it on their lunch hour.... put some quick set 2 part foam in hole and it was set in a few minites !! all right then!!
crew chief thanked me for my service- I thanked him for his!! and I showed them the coach as crew chief was a bluebird fan I guess:).. and they were all a bunch of good guys for sure!! cate our Boston terror loved them couldn't keep her in the house!
so this year,,,,we had a great new years thanks to a power company road crew!!!
heres a few pics first is my pole to well second is crew play'n with cate the bouncing dog!! 3ed. shows how tight the working area was!
mike

Attachments

• P1010382.JPG
    P1010382.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 132
  • P1010378.JPG
    P1010378.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 137
  • P1010376.JPG
    P1010376.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 143

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neil wright
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png