Extended extended warranty

rwhgme

Sep 24, 2010
Shawnee,Ks
Please..no haters need reply! But is there a company that you can buy an extended warranty after the Harley one expires? Just kicking this around. We love our trike and don't want to trade/sell it. We want to keep it a long time. I don't have the room to work on it, nor the time. Thanks for any advice! Scott

So this begs the question, is the HD extended warranty a good deal? A friend told me to get one for my new 15 Tri Glide but I am not usually a big extended warranty fan. Has anyone really used the extended warranty, what did it cost, and is it a good value?

extended warranty

If you ride your bike or trike for 20,000 miles or more a year, keep up with the maintenance. whether you do it yourself or have Harley do it the warranty will probably pay for itself. If you let the Harley shops do your maintenance it will for sure pay for itself

So this begs the question, is the HD extended warranty a good deal? A friend told me to get one for my new 15 Tri Glide but I am not usually a big extended warranty fan. Has anyone really used the extended warranty, what did it cost, and is it a good value?

My extended warranty paid for itself a couple times over on the 2011. My 2014 is still under factory warranty, but I expect it will pay for itself in the longer run. I have never had a Twin Cam where the extended did not pay for itself. However, I am a high mileage rider.

Not sure what the costs are now, they put the lid on deep discounting them a year or so ago.

Does the extended warranty cover a compensator? if your bike has 60k+ miles?

Yes, extended warranty covers the compensator. Have had several replaced under extended warranty over the years.

To the OP- I know there are several non-HD extended warranty companies. I have heard the sales pitch, but I have stuck with the HD extended warranty for the lack of hassle (or fear of hassle) at a dealership out of my area, while traveling.

Kevin

If you can get one from Harley I would go that way. If not check Zurich. I have them on my Spyder, I used it to replace the rear suspension compressor so I am already about even on the cost and have another 18 months to go on the warranty.You will have to Google the contact information.

Yep, the HD extended warranty has paid for itself multiple times over what it cost me. Compensator too. Engine just rebuilt at 86k at their expense.
I believe Scott is actually wondering if anyone knows of extended warranty AFTER HD extended warranty runs out. We have the same '10 TG (his is the shinier one). Our warranties up in 1 1/2 years (7 total).

Yep, the HD extended warranty has paid for itself multiple times over what it cost me. Compensator too. Engine just rebuilt at 86k at their expense.
I believe Scott is actually wondering if anyone knows of extended warranty AFTER HD extended warranty runs out. We have the same '10 TG (his is the shinier one). Our warranties up in 1 1/2 years (7 total).

I believe you can buy another extended warranty from H-D when your original EW ends. Not sure of the costs or how long they offer, but I do know that it has to be before you reach 70,000 miles. After that Harley will not offer another extended warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not normally a fan of EW's but have had it on all my Harley's and it's paid off on every one. This summer my 2013 TriGlide decided to lose the compensator, stator and regulator all at once traveling through Arizona. The dealership in Tucson was great to work with and it only cost me the $50 deductible. Cost of the EW varies from dealership to dealership I think.

I just paid for my extended warranty on a 2014 Triglide it cost $1949 for five years which is atually three more yearspast the factory . And it includes tire and wheel! You have to buy it a month and a day before the original warranty expires or it cost you more and yes Harley will not warranty a bike over 75,000 miles. Ebert

I have one that kicks in after the factory ends. If I don't use it and after it expires I can file for a refund and they will give me a check of the same amount I paid. To me thats a good deal and worry free. I got it from HD when I purchased the trike.

I would take a look at your options and read the contract. :pepper::pepper:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png