I've got the winter blues

People who have never ridden have no idea the redraw pains riders go thru. I'm fortunate to be just far enough south to be able to ride most all winter. Usually only 2 weeks maybe that I can't. How folks farther north deal with it is beyond me. I'd be crawling the walls.:AGGHH:

Stiff upper lip! Spring is coming soon!
Yes, winter can be very trying when your baby is in storage, but if you can, and can do small jobs on the trike, this is the time to do it!
Put that piece of bling on! LOL
Add more lights so the cages see you coming and going!
Add outlets to let you plug your heated clothing on, so you can ride in confort during the cold months.
See, not all the days are lost if you can do little jobs on your baby!
Or, be a woman and go shopping to forget unhappy thoughts...Shop till you Drop, Girl! BUT, Don't eat Chocolates, they go to your hips! LOL
Rosy

Stiff upper lip! Spring is coming soon!
Yes, winter can be very trying when your baby is in storage, but if you can, and can do small jobs on the trike, this is the time to do it!
Put that piece of bling on! LOL
Add more lights so the cages see you coming and going!
Add outlets to let you plug your heated clothing on, so you can ride in confort during the cold months.
See, not all the days are lost if you can do little jobs on your baby!
Or, be a woman and go shopping to forget unhappy thoughts...Shop till you Drop, Girl! BUT, Don't eat Chocolates, they go to your hips! LOL
Rosy

Lol I'm not very handy with the tools anymore. I still have swelling in my wrist from the fracture/pin from the ex bf dropping his bike.... makes me sad the I have limits now because I've always been the type of person if I wanted to do something I'd figure it out and do it. Now I have to leave it to the service department to make my changes.

But I do love chocolate and this weekend I'm starting back on low carb and the treadmill. I did go shopping for some new riding clothes....I feel lady riders should always look good and like a lady. LOL So see I have done as you advised! Still counting down until warm weather!

Gee Jolie, not very much shopping in your area, Casey's Genearl Store in not a very big place to get lost in and shop all day, true? LOL
But you are correct, a woman should look at her best when riding. New duds are a must! Please, don't tell that to Janice or my credit card will take a BIG hit!
Oh No, we are heading to Florida soon, and Deb is waiting for Janice so they can go shopping, OH NO!
Dont look out my window right now, huge snowflakes are coming down! It was going to be rain, but guess the weather person did it again, 75% wrong!
Rosy

Gee Jolie, not very much shopping in your area, Casey's Genearl Store in not a very big place to get lost in and shop all day, true? LOL
But you are correct, a woman should look at her best when riding. New duds are a must! Please, don't tell that to Janice or my credit card will take a BIG hit!
Oh No, we are heading to Florida soon, and Deb is waiting for Janice so they can go shopping, OH NO!
Dont look out my window right now, huge snowflakes are coming down! It was going to be rain, but guess the weather person did it again, 75% wrong!
Rosy

I think Janice and Debbie knows they have you wrapped around their little fingers and you won't mind if they go shopping. hehe Tell them I hope they have fun!!! Caseys is no fun to shop but I can shop on line and have it delivered! Tomorrow it's going to be near 0 and even below in the evening and night. Brrrrrr. I want sunshine and warm!!

Hey, you can sneak a ride to Florida and go shopping with Janice and Debbie, I got room in my trailer, But, don't tell Tom G., he will make you get out of the trailer in Georgia so you won't bring any cold weather with you. He is no fun! We like to share, just like our Mother said, share or you will go to your room! Yes, Ma'am....
Rosy

That's one big snow storm cause we are getting a lot of snow clear down here in Texas. Y'all can have this snow shyt.:D

No thanks, we got our own snow, we got about 3" with rain to boot. Roads are plowed, but slippery, they had to put salt/sand in lots of the intersections.
So, please let it come down and maybe it will not be as strong when it comes our way!
Have a nice day! Time for Football!
Rosy

Yea crap, we have had snow on the ground since before Thanksgiving!

I have the winter blues pretty badly as well. Not only the cold/snow, but also the getting dark early crap as well. :p

One good thing, we are gaining 1 minute per day..So, days are getting shorter! :pepper: ThumbUp
The only bad thing is, winter is still here! :mad: :Coffee:
Rosy

I'm going to join in on this because I HATE winter. Did I say HATE winter? Oh well give us about about 90 days and we can start getting back out on the road. Where I live we will get a day every once in a while that we can ride but the wife doesn"t ride unless it's in the 70's. I'm just hoping for a nice day so I can at least get a short ride in.

I haven't lost a single day of riding so far this winter because of the weather , And last winter maybe only 3 or 4 days...If its cold i dress for it, If it snows more then 3 inches i just wait till the plows go by... If it rains i get wet...:Shrug:
Remember it is far better to light one candle than to curse the darkness...:D

I can relate on the winter 'Blues' when one can't ride the trike. Weather back home has reached -30 and a fair amount of snow and we're missing it all.

My wife and I just spent the past two weeks in the Texas Hill Country camping and riding our trike. Not only was the riding and scenery awesome but the food, wow we found a lot of small town barbeque, Mexican, cat fish, and burger places that really added to the fun. We met a lot of other biking and triking campers that showed us around while there too. In Texas where the speed limits are upward of 70 - 75 on two lane highways if you see a speed limit sign that says 10 mph in the hills pay attention to it as you will be approaching an up or downhill 180 degree corner that is fun and providing a breathtaking view at the same time.

Now I want to spend some time in the Smokey Mountains after talking to one of the campers that was from that area. Always something new to explore and love it.

Dave

You are correct, when they say slow down, they mean slowdown in Texas! :AGGHH:
Specially in the foothills, when you are doing 75/80 and they cut it to 55, do it, turns are sharp. :cxtv:
When everybody is pulling left and slowing way down, with flashing lights down the road, do it, cattle in the road..I can not imagine hitting a steer, OMG! :gah:
Happen to us in Texas!
Rosy

Hey, you can sneak a ride to Florida and go shopping with Janice and Debbie, I got room in my trailer, But, don't tell Tom G., he will make you get out of the trailer in Georgia so you won't bring any cold weather with you. He is no fun! We like to share, just like our Mother said, share or you will go to your room! Yes, Ma'am....
Rosy

Since Rosy mentioned my name, I'll jump in here too!! It's not to late to pack up the trike and head to our Snowbird Gathering. Where there is a will there is a way. Besides, single all lady trikers are ALWAYS welcome!! If not this event, maybe another one coming up.

Tomg

Tom, you are a smoothie! But, cold air coming your way! Back door to trailer in wide open to get as much cold air as possible. If Jolie comes, then you will really be in trouble! LOL 🌬 ☃ 🌨
Rosy

Tuesday and Wed of this last week it got up to
the low 50s. Was it good riding weather? not for me,
I'm a warm weather rider.

BUT it was warm enough to get the bike out of
the garage and take it for a short spin both days.

The bike and I both needed it.

edited to add, its a lovely 21 degrees with a -1 windchill.
Anyone want to go to work for me tonight?
SIGH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkrbob

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkrbob
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png