Don't follow welding gas trucks!

Scary. But if you don't know the color codes for various gases, you won't know if there is acetylene there or oxygen, argon or whatever else... However, any gas stored at 200 bar is quite dangerous, with or without flames. Don't know how regulations are in Russia but in my country, pressurised cylinders are handled differently. They are transported in some kind of cages and usually in smaller vehicles.

I suffer from "Roofafobia" that's any cager with anything on the roof. Especially ladders, sheet rock, plywood, and mattress.

All I saw was orange which would be nothing but on a second run I saw white. Probably black and green in there too judging by the smoke and flames.:AGGHH: I can't believe that one idiot on the phone was that close. Guess ignorance is bliss. Shrapnel won't get to him!:pepper: What a fool.

I grew up on a cotton farm where we used a lot of oxygen and acetylene. We were taught from an early age never to lay a acetylene tank, drop it, or leave it standing up without chaining it to something to keep it vertical. Also, we were taught never to use any oil or grease on anything connected to a tank.

All of the black smoke in the video came from the acetylene. The explosive cloudbursts most likely occurred when an oxygen tank burst from the heat.

I wouldnt feel feel safe unless I was at least 200 feet from those explosions.

I keep oxygen and and acetylene tanks in my hobby shop. When exchanging empty tanks for full at the supplier a couple of years ago, I asked if they still came across tanks with a German swastica stamp like when I was a kid in the 60's. He replied in the affirmative and showed me one on the dock. As long as they pass a hydro test every 10 years they are good to go.

Dan

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png