Need larger gas tank.

Reaction score
Went for a ride in the Texas Hill Country and had to stop for gas.Got to wondering how many times I had done that last year.

After checking, the total was 244 stops for gas in 2015, seems like a lot of lost time, but I guess it's a chance to stretch the legs.

Went for a ride in the Texas Hill Country and had to stop for gas.Got to wondering how many times I had done that last year.

After checking, the total was 244 stops for gas in 2015, seems like a lot of lost time, but I guess it's a chance to stretch the legs.

Better than the time it takes to walk to a gas station when you didn't get gas !:p

What at are you riding? Sounds like a Valk. If so, do what I did & install a belly tank.

Dan

What at are you riding? Sounds like a Valk. If so, do what I did & install a belly tank.

Dan

2011 HD Tri Glide, it has a 6 gallon tank and I average about 35 miles per gallon. Ride 2 up most of the time and mostly highway running 65 or 70.

Im lucky, my Roadsmith came with an auxiliary 5 gallon tank. Bought the trike used. Here in Florida, there are gas stations every other corner, so I thought it was a waste. But I like mine for peace of mind. If I know my Saturday ride to eat get togethers with other Goldwing riders are close to 200 miles round trip, I will top off the auxiliary tank and use it, although I do fall in that category of emptying 1 tank and filling the other at gas stations..;)

Build yourself one of these, has an 8 gal dune buggy tank.

IMGP0002_1.jpg

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.Hammers
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png